Archery Talk Forum banner

What target???

715 17
What are you guys/gals using as a target? I have a yellow jacket with a foam backup and I'm still occassionally punching through both to hit brick. I've lost about 5 arrows like this and I'm going to buy another target this weekend, so my question is what do you recommend as a good target for higher speed bows, but I won't have to pawn my car to get afford it!

Thanks
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Just beat Terry Club
9,369 Posts
Morrel Outdoor Range target. They run about $90-$100 but I've had mine since 1999 and it is still going strong with a replacement cover. Morells makes smaller ones that I'm sure are good as well.
These are field pint only targets though.

If your looking for BH targets I would get the Rinehart 18-1.

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts
I have a 48"x48" Block target that I get passthroughs on unless I'm shooting at the top 6", which is still pretty new looking. I usually use it as my backstop with a Rinehart 18-1 on top of a Yellow Jacket target, and then a piece of 3/4" plywood behind the backstop target. This works well out to 60 yards in my yard. Sometimes I still get a passthrough on the Rinehart and through the Block and into the plywood.

· Registered
1,144 Posts
check out spiderweb targets, may be more expensive but they will outlast anything else...
Give these a good look, you would not be dissapointed with one.

· Registered
51 Posts
various stuff

In the house I have a Block Pro. For outside I have a bag sold by Sportsman's Warehouse plus a homemade bag (burlap stuffed with grocery bags) as well as a couple 3D (a Delta brown bear & an expanded foam snowman 5' tall). For the kids I use 2" thick foam sheets against an old futon mattress.

· Registered
641 Posts
I usually go through a bag target every 6 months. I then place the older bag target behind the new one. Although one target I picked up at wally world didn't even last the first day. It was a yellow bag target, not a yellow jacket. I've had good results with yellow jackets. My latest is one from Sportsmans warehouse, store brand. Its been a very good target so far.

· Registered
3,683 Posts
me too

I usually go through a bag target every 6 months. I then place the older bag target behind the new one. Although one target I picked up at wally world didn't even last the first day. It was a yellow bag target, not a yellow jacket. I've had good results with yellow jackets. My latest is one from Sportsmans warehouse, store brand. Its been a very good target so far.
yeah. that was probably the BUCKMASTERS one. blew threw that one pretty quickly

· Registered
4,289 Posts
Morrel Outdoor Range target. They run about $90-$100 but I've had mine since 1999 and it is still going strong with a replacement cover. Morells makes smaller ones that I'm sure are good as well.
These are field pint only targets though.

If your looking for BH targets I would get the Rinehart 18-1.
X2, I wore out every spot on 2 Yellow Jackets in 3-4 months. Bought an Outdoor Range and have pounded it for about 6 months, thousands of shots and it still looks new and haven't had ANY passthroughs. They are of a different construction compared to the Yellow Jackets, and They're Huge!! I feel like I've already got My money's worth out of it, but people say they last forever.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.