Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wandering if any of you know what type of equipment the pros are using.
Rest, arrows ,stabilizers, releases etc.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
They use what ever they get paid to use. Don’t think just because some one on TV is using something it is worth a darn. They only use things from the company that gives them the most money to use it.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
They use what ever they get paid to use. Don’t think just because some one on TV is using something it is worth a darn. They only use things from the company that gives them the most money to use it.
Bingo

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Maybe most of the "pro's" but not all.......Wil Primos uses what he helped design.:wink:

·
Registered
51,095 Posts
A pro can shoot about anything you give them, that's why they are a pro. But each one has their own preference. But as was said they will use what pays the most/ or what they sell.:wink:

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Will Primos isn't an archery pro, he's a marketing pro. He's a pro hunter. And just because it has his name on it doesn't mean that it is good quality or that he co-designed it. It is just good marketing.

Pro's aren't going to shoot equipment that hurts their game. Yup, they're going to shoot the equipment of whoever's paying them, but not to the detriment of their own scores. So, I think it is justifiable to ask what equipment the pro archers are using. Where you have to be careful is that you don't overlook smaller companies (like Zenith releases for instance) that aren't as big as the big players (like carter or stan), but make professional quality products.

If you're curious about what pro's shoot, that is fine. Just don't buy it because they shoot it, because it won't make you a pro. Buy what works the best for you, and your scores will reflect it.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
carter thumb trigger is the most common
pro tuner rests or trophy taker spring steel
2613/2712
doinker stabilizers

·
Registered
34,166 Posts

WRONG.....

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
just bc you saw a mathews ad on tv and your favorite man crush on a hunting show you watch all day long had a mathews so you went out and spent twice as much as you should of on a bow doesn't mean you should be so upset use at as a learning experience

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hoyt

Most Use Hoyt Bow....sureloc Sight....easton Arrows.....many Of The Pros Are Using Scott Longhorn Stainless Iii

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Most Use Hoyt Bow....sureloc Sight....easton Arrows.....many Of The Pros Are Using Scott Longhorn Stainless Iii
What did you do...go to a Pro Convention in Salt Lake City......:wink:

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
just bc you saw a mathews ad on tv and your favorite man crush on a hunting show you watch all day long had a mathews so you went out and spent twice as much as you should of on a bow doesn't mean you should be so upset use at as a learning experience
What are you talking about?

Brown Hornet how am I wrong do you not think that if some pro was shooting brand X release and another brand X came along that they would not use the one who gave them the most money

As to the original poster Shoot what works for you

·
Registered
34,166 Posts

Brown Hornet how am I wrong do you not think that if some pro was shooting brand X release and another brand X came along that they would not use the one who gave them the most money

Most PROs (95%+) don't get money to shoot gear...so NO.

Most assume that the pros get $$...but ask them who gets paid to shoot ANYTHING...and I bet the same handfull of names will come up...most get gear and a pat on the back.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts

+1

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

Not if it would hurt their game.... or they just didn't like something about the company or equipment... I've turned down several deals...

·
Registered
561 Posts
No actually I shot in the flights division at vegas

Im not a pro...But I know what the majority of them are using......Sure-loc. Doinker...Easton shaft.....HOYT HOYT HOYT HOYT....

The question was what do the pros shoot... My answer is a majority.... probably 80 percent or more shoot hoyt

Jason Rampulla

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Im not a pro...But I know what the majority of them are using......Sure-loc. Doinker...Easton shaft.....HOYT HOYT HOYT HOYT....

The question was what do the pros shoot... My answer is a majority.... probably 80 percent or more shoot hoyt

Jason Rampulla
wrong

1 - 20 of 70 Posts