Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the property i hunt i keep gettin a pictiure of this one 3 point all summ, but when the 3pt is in the picture there is always a fawn in the picture ....

now im not very knowledged in deer habits but is it normal for a male deer to be "hanging" with the fawn still, or could this be a possible "horned" doe, idk an explaination why else he would stick so tight to that fawn for so long

·
Registered
92 Posts
picture didn't turn out

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Picture?

·
Super Moderator
22,689 Posts
The deer in the background in 3 of the 4 pictures aren't fawns. The first picture looks like a good sized doe if not another buck. Second picture is definately a young deer. Third picture is obviously a fawn. Fourth picture is another doe. The fawn may just be hanging out with his mother nearby while the 3 point is feeding. Who knows... Not uncommon.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have heard that if a Momma didn't run off her past fawn that they could stay with her. If that is indeed the case that deer is only 1.5 years old.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
jimfc3 said:
its half doe and half buck does that make it a duck:eek: :wink: is it oct 1st yet????

hahaha CAN"T WAIT!!!!

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Baiting?!?

Are you getting a true picture of the deer habits in the area if you are baiting?
Are you allowed to bait this late in the year?
Just a few questions that are more important than the prong-horn "duck".

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont hunt this property anymore, i used to but recently lost permission so yes it is baited but i wont be hunting in that spot im will be hunting a couple hundred yards away on another property .....

sept 30 couldnt come fast enough lol

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I got pictures of this "buck" and fawn on two occasions, both times it was just the two of them.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Looks like a buck to me...Both tarsal glands are stained...The second deer appears to be a button buck...It's really noticeable in the second picture and it's tarsal's are also beginning to darken...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts