Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to try a thumb release but i am not sure what one to get. I have been using a friends Carter Just B Cuz and I like it but I don't like how hard it is to clip on the string loop. What Carter Release or other brand thumb release will work well for a hunting release? I am mostly a spot and stalk hunter so I want something I can clip on my string loop with no problems.

Mark

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Try one with an open hook design if your having problems getting a closed hook on your loop. Personaly I use a Carter Ember 1 just because it's the open hook desgin. I know most people like a closed hook so you can clip it on your d-loop and let it hang but that always made me nervous that I would drop it. With the Ember I make a wrist strap out of some d-loop cord so I cant lose it. Plus the other cool option with the Ember is it has the ITS spring setup where you can change the spring tension and you can shoot it as a 2,3 or 4 finger release.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I hunt with a chocolate lite and don't have one single complaint.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
check out ccporter releases. they make a awesome release. very high quality.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I used this too, however I notice there was way way too much trigger travel before it actually engaged the release clasp. I found that I tended to jerk sometimes and miss bad because the release didnt go off when it shouldve :( I know of a buddy who had the same problem too :mg: However a friend let me try his carter insatiable 3 and :wink: $180 later im an extremely happy man :)

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
I used this too, however I notice there was way way too much trigger travel before it actually engaged the release clasp. I found that I tended to jerk sometimes and miss bad because the release didnt go off when it shouldve :( I know of a buddy who had the same problem too :mg: However a friend let me try his carter insatiable 3 and :wink: $180 later im an extremely happy man :)
Same thing I found with the TRUBall Pro Diamond release..Way to much slop and to much trigger travel for me. I cant shoot them, I jerk the shot with them. That's why I like Carters, no trigger travel and I can use a heavy spring in them.

·
Registered
24,902 Posts
i really like my truball st 360. it has a hook to clip onto the string so its fast to get on the string in a hunting situation and its trigger is great.

i would suggest you go to a few shops and try a bunch of releases out.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Chocolate Addiciton for 4 years now and loven it

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
look at the stans sx2 sweet release.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I normally hunt with a thumb trigger release but usually not when stalking because I have lost a few by having them clipped to the string. Because of this when I stalk I use my wrist release. However I have not tried any of the Carter or Stan releases yet.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Another vote for the Carter Chocolate or Chocolate Lite. There is a lever that cocks the trigger and attaches the hook to the loop all at the same time. It is fast and simple. I have small hands and I wish they made a smaller size; this is the only complaint I have.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I use the Chocolate Lite. I like that you can change the trigger travel and spring tension. I use it hunting and for target. It clips on the D-loop easily and I haven't had any trouble. It's nice to use the same release for hunting and target.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts