Votes: 5 10.6%
  • 4:00-Dark

Votes: 36 76.6%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was sitting in my stand on Saturday, trying to stay put and not get down. I started thinking about what times most people see deer?
Daylight-9:00
9:00-Noon
Noon-4:00
4:00-Dark

Oh never posted a poll so I hope it works

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have shot deer in all the times you posted but I generally see more from 4 to dark thats why I voted for that.? needs to be more specific I think.Just my .02.It is a good poll though.I have thought the same thing at times.I am going to try to take notes this year for my future use.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Heres my problem. im seeing deer at dark. i dont think i can get any closer because it gets too dark in the woods so i sit on the edge of a soy bean field. it seems like they bed just 50 to 100 yds off the field and its really thick in south georgia. cant get on them. maybe i need to move.

·
Registered
149 Posts
On our place, they seem to move early AM from feeding to bedding areas. And don't call me dear.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Normaly i see them from light -9 and 4-dark
But yesterday sucked we saw one deer all day for 3 guys. And it was a doe at 4:30.
matt

·
Registered
715 Posts
All Day.....I see a spike in numbers little after sun-up and little before dusk but see deer roaming sometimes 11-12 and between 1-3 also.

So I usually sit all day...I don't want to miss a thing!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I watch the weather, moon phase and movement. This year I have seen 10 deer from daylight to 9 am and 25 in the afternoon and evenings. The deer were out and moving most of the day last sun, mon and tues. Now this week I only saw deer early in the morning and and just before dark. When they were moving during the day, it was bad weather and cold front coming so the weather was changing up and down and raining on and off. I like to hunt early morning and then last 4 hours of light. Just some info. I have came up with....

·
Registered
811 Posts
I've shot most of my deer after 4:eek:o pm. Seen a few in the am. but the place I hunt is better in the afternoon, I'm getting better making myself sit all day, It's tough, but it increases your odds on seeing a nice buck.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm sorry, I can't make a good vote...for me, it depends where I'm at, if I'm at the edge of a field, I can expect to see them more in the afternoon, if I'm in big woods I can find them in the early to late morning....I guess it all falls to where I'm located.

Nothing against this poll, just can't give an educated vote.

I do the same thing with politicians.:wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts