Archery Talk Forum banner

What time should I hunt

620 8
Need some advice. I am off Monday thanks to Columbus but since the wife works at night and I plan on taking my little girl to PreK I can’t hunt the normal morning/night. I was thinking after I drop my girl off 9:00am I would head into the woods and stay till 1:00 has anyone had any luck during this time, as it will be the first time I would be hunting during the mid day.

I was planning on scouting and hanging a stand on Sunday in some thicket in hopes on nailing a pre-rut buck
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,310 Posts
If you go back home you surely will see nothing.
Go when ever the urge strikes you never know, going in at 9:00 you may get set up just as someone else decides to leave and they push something your way.
Like graybeard says a lot of good deer have been taken between 10 and 2:00
JUST GO

· Registered
654 Posts
I have a similar situation. Our season starts on Wednesday and I took the day off. However I will have to help get the kids off to school and the wife to work. I will then be getting in the stand around 7:30 - 8:00. It seems to have worked out pretty well because Tuesday is suppose to be a full moon. I will sit until I kill something or it gets dark. I believe that mid day hunting is sometimes the best hunting because so many people only hunt the first/last couple of hours of the day and there is not much pressure at midday.

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
boys you might be better off doing slow stocking around instead of stand setting right now during those hours at this time jmho

· Registered
1,458 Posts
Anytime to be in the woods doing what you love to do is a good time.You cant get them sitting at home on the couch.My buddy shot a 136" 7 point at 12:35 last Saturday and it was 74 degrees.Ya just never know.Good Luck

· Registered
12,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. I guess quality time with the wife will have to wait :) All year I been hunting off a grass field, but I will try my luck further in the woods in some heavy cover hoping to catch a buck chasing some does

· Registered
2,403 Posts
No rules in this game and anytime in the stand is "good"time! Goodluck out there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.