Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bow in the classifieds a few weeks ago. I sent a Postal Money order with delivery confirmation. They received the money last Friday. Once the seller got the money, he quit talking to me by PM. I have requested a tracking number every day since Monday and called his cell number. He never answers or replies to my PMs.

I am on a fixed income. It was hard for me to scrape up the money for the bow. I only bought it to replace the bow I had set up for me with a Draw Lock which I accidentally dry fired 2 weeks ago. I'm real upset by this whole situation. I've never been cheated on the AT classifieds, I look at us all as a kind of family . If I don't get the bow, I won't be hunting this year, I can't afford another bow. My health is such that I may not even be around next year due to several cardio/pulmonary problems, and the stress from this is making me more ill .This may even be my last year to hunt.

What would you do ??? I don't want to file a claim with the Postal Inspectors for Mail Fraud yet, I think it's too early for that.

I've tried to get a hold of a moderator to help, but no reply there either. Do you think that I'm worrying a bit too early?? I just don't want the trail to get cold.

What do you guys think ???

·
has been that never was
14,362 Posts
Give the mods a chance to respond. Did you send a PM to a couple of them, or just one? The mods are not here all the time and if you only PM'd one of them, they could be off-line for a hunt, vacation or some other reason. Best bet is to PM them as a group. I'm sure you'll get a reply from one of them shortly.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
what to do

heck no,get the postal inspection going asap cuz it will take a while allso call the police dept.from the shipping addres he obviously had no intension of sending it or it would be there if i sent a bow from mi to cali.regular mail it would take around 6 days or so to arive and thats with a day or two to get around to shipping it you've been scamed and don't waite around on it and keep us updated whats the sellers user name post it

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
get a hold of a MOD ASAP. If that doesnt work file with the post office for fraud.

people get busy I understand, but should atleast answer the phone

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Look at the persons profile. If they have been on here since you have PM'd them, then I would say they are avoiding you. Proceed with whatever means you have. I wouldnt wait.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
No if you have delivery comf that they got the MO, they should have shipped it out by now and let you know that they did. Hopefully a mod sees this and gets it sorted out for you.

·
Registered
11,289 Posts
What a bunch of garbage!:mad: I hate it when people take advantage of someone. I wish I wouldnt have just sold my extra bow that I had, I would have sent it to you so you can hunt:sad: AT is a great place and I am sure someone will get you turned around.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,364 Posts
I bought a bow in the classifieds a few weeks ago. I sent a Postal Money order with delivery confirmation. They received the money last Friday. Once the seller got the money, he quit talking to me by PM. I have requested a tracking number every day since Monday and called his cell number. He never answers or replies to my PMs.

I am on a fixed income. It was hard for me to scrape up the money for the bow. I only bought it to replace the bow I had set up for me with a Draw Lock which I accidentally dry fired 2 weeks ago. I'm real upset by this whole situation. I've never been cheated on the AT classifieds, I look at us all as a kind of family . If I don't get the bow, I won't be hunting this year, I can't afford another bow. My health is such that I may not even be around next year due to several cardio/pulmonary problems, and the stress from this is making me more ill .This may even be my last year to hunt.

What would you do ??? I don't want to file a claim with the Postal Inspectors for Mail Fraud yet, I think it's too early for that.

I've tried to get a hold of a moderator to help, but no reply there either. Do you think that I'm worrying a bit too early?? I just don't want the trail to get cold.

Not sure who you might have contacted but I am here to help. Please send me the link to the bow ad and the person's username.

I will see what I can do.

Lou
AT Classifieds Moderator

·
Registered
594 Posts
You ever see the movie, "The Godfather" ? The "Don" had a very effective way of handling matters of this type.

·
Lowered expectations
17,095 Posts
It's entirely possible that he's mailed the bow to you already.

And there are reasons for lack of communication. People do go on vacation, or have computer issues, or lose cellphones.

Just don't jump to conclusions until you have proof of wrongdoing.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Lou will get it sorted out.If he feels you have been taken advantage of,things will happen.It is also nice that someone on this board will be close to this guy and help to get it sorted out.
I Hate Thieves.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
What city is the guy/gal in?

·
Registered
899 Posts
who is up for donating this guy some money for a bow, we can send it to a mod and get the guys specs and let lou buy the bow and ship it to this guy, i dont know you but i will do what i can to help you get out there to hunt, if i had another bow it would be yours bro

·
Registered
7,321 Posts

Dang, that makes me mad!! What kind of feedback does the seller have? Have they been an AT member for a long time?

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
who is up for donating this guy some money for a bow, we can send it to a mod and get the guys specs and let lou buy the bow and ship it to this guy, i dont know you but i will do what i can to help you get out there to hunt, if i had another bow it would be yours bro
Great idea. I just lost my job and have to sell my house or I'd help. I hope others in a better financial place can step up.

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
It's too early to jump to conclusions. Seller received the funds last Friday, would have likely shipped Monday or Tuesday. Depending on how shipped and how far it was going, shipping can easily take eight days.

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
It's too early to jump to conclusions. Seller received the funds last Friday, would have likely shipped Monday or Tuesday. Depending on how shipped and how far it was going, shipping can easily take eight days.
Agreed, but if you paid with a USPS money order, and if he/she stiffs a buyer then that person can be charged with MAIL FRAUD, which is a FEDERAL OFFENSE.

·
Registered
846 Posts
The person is obviously avoiding you. I would definetly get the authorities involved asap no since in giving them more time to rip other people. Hope it works out for you!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Let's hope someone else signed for the money order ,It's hunting season an he might not be back yet,I'd still cheak out all your options an find out everything you can on this guy, I hope everything works out for you, keep in touch an let us know.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.