Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellows,
The story starts back in Sept. I had been getting a good 9 pt. on camera and finally got a chance at him on Sept 14th. Only shot I had was at 56 yards but I let one fly... I felt like I had smoked him but didn't get a pass thru so I gave him some time.
So fast forward several hours, and hours, and hours and about 500-600 yards in, the blood trail disappeared. I looked for several days but never found anything.
Now fast forward again till this past weekend... I ran into my neighbor who lives .25 mile thru the woods and has property ajoining mine. (I had never met him until this) After talking for a few mins he said he had found a dead deer back towards the end of September Ina broomstraw field on the upper side of his property. I told him him the whole long story and he said if I could show him some photos of the deer then I could have the skull.
Fast forward till today... I took the photos to him today and he gave me the deer. Now here's the problem. He bleached skull, horns, and everything. So my question is, is there anything I can do to this to help the looks of them??

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yes, take it to your local taxidermist and i'm sure he can fix them for you. He'll use a stain and when he's done it you wont be able to tell they were ever bleached.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
What a fantastic neighbor, I would have had to arm wrestle my neighbor, I would have lost... Lol... ... You have a nice neighborhood.

I'm glad you and buck are together... You should post the pic...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts