Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shooting accuratly for a while now, and all of the sudden today my bow is slinging arrows everywhere! I'm steady while shooting, you think the string loosened up or it went out of tune? What should I do? And its like two days before friggin turkey season!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Im sure you did this already but did you check to make sure your rest didn't loosen up and slide down? Are you shooting a D-loop? Did it "unscrew" down the string making your nocking point lower and causing contact?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the rest.... But it could be the d-loop, unless somehow the rest moved ever so slightly.... How much do you think the bow shop would charge for a tuning?

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Throw it. I threw a G-force once and broke the top limb at a shoot. It learned its lesson and never gave me trouble again. :amen:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Throw it. I threw a G-force once and broke the top limb at a shoot. It learned its lesson and never gave me trouble again. :amen:
I had one do the some thing like that once a few years ago. It was a staff bow from Jennings and I was shooting great with it and one day things went to H. I was shooting it and making some changes to get it to group and all a sudden the top limb broke.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Just buy a Mathews , hey you asked.

Crazy Wolf.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
I had one do the some thing like that once a few years ago. It was a staff bow from Jennings and I was shooting great with it and one day things went to H. I was shooting it and making some changes to get it to group and all a sudden the top limb broke.
My top limb broke because I threw it. :embara:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Your rest might not of moved, but check to make sure your drop away is tied right and that it is coming up all the way at full draw. Also check for clearance issues with your fletchings.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Check sight also and sight mount. Check for crooked arrows or nocks. Also relax and shoot a few arrows, but rest a couple of minutes between them. Don't try to overaim or shoot better than you can, just relax and shoot like you always do. If you still have a problem, see your pro shop.

Good Luck with the gobblers!

·
Registered
608 Posts
I know people hate to hear this, but a lot of the problems usually lie in between your ears. Set the bow down and pick it up the next day and you might be pleasantly surprised. You never know when you let a little bad habit creep in on you. I have had my bow group consistently left one day and move it and stack em up in the black. then the next day I would be grouping right because there was nothing wrong with the bow it was all me. Just a thought :darkbeer:

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
90 % of mechanical failures are operator error.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have had my bow group consistently left one day and move it and stack em up in the black. then the next day I would be grouping right because there was nothing wrong with the bow it was all me. Just a thought :darkbeer:
hmmmm, from the way you say that that's not what's supposed to happen?
:mg:

I vote for the take a day off & think about something else suggestion.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
90 % of mechanical failures are operator error.
second that, esp if it was shooting groups fine than" all of a sudden" arrows are everywhere. its not like the bow all of a sudden cam out of tune. Unless you have traveled with the bow and thrown it around, then i bet its you.

Are your arrows flying well. If so than im sure your nocking point hasnt changed ,or your rest has moved. If that would have happened your arrows would be fish tailing and hitting the target at different angles. if this is the case then yes get that bow to a shop asap. If not. Take a day off and shoot again.
i had the same problem when i started out. Went to the pro shop and my bow was in perfect tune. I was just serioulsy torqing my bow. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Make sure everything is tight. Check your tuning specs. Have another good archer shoot your bow to see if it just as erratic for them. If no answer is found after these steps, then my experience has been that your string and/or cable has likely stretched enough to throw something off.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The same thing happened to me last year right before season. The problem? I made a few bad shots, tensed up, and then really sucked. Lay the bow down for a day or so, I'd bet you'll be back shooting just fine.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys I was getting worried, but now that your just saying i'm luney I feel better, so much better!

LOL jk Thanks guys I'll try shooting today

1 - 20 of 20 Posts