Archery Talk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I made a same one like this, but after about 200 shots, the whole does not stop the arrows pretty well, you have any idea to fix it?
Thank you

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice to know about the lifetime warranty. Guess I didn't need to buy 2 at one time. Stuffed it with walmart bags and leftover painters plastic and hung in front of my horse stall back stop. This site is a wealth on information. Thanks all.

·
Vendor
25,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I made a same one like this, but after about 200 shots, the whole does not stop the arrows pretty well, you have any idea to fix it?
Thank you
Not enough information to figure out what the issue is. Any pictures? What did you fill it with? Did you use the vacumm as described? Are you hitting the same spot over and over?:confused:

·
Vendor
25,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Thank you
Either you need to shoot more different spots or you might need more filler. Hanging the target will help reduce penetration too. :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I had a crossbow speed bag target that wore out and decided to recycle it into a rag bag. I was intrigued to find out that the filler used in speed bags is one piece of quilted material about 5 feet wide by 20 yards long. Way too much for a single rag bag. I had to cut off about 10 feet and the rag bag still barely closes when under vacuum but pops the velcro a bit once I shoot a hole in the plastic bag. Worked great.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
25,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Glad to see you being able to repurpose your old target. If you velcro it closed and then zip tie it with about 3 zip ties, it will stay closed for you. Even though you shot it some, you might still be able to vacuum it enough to get the zip ties just under the velcro.
20150428_124553.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
tripleb: It is harder to do than most think. Most wear a big hole in the middle but they still have 17 more spots to shoot. We put that many spots to make it outlast any other target on the market when it was designed. Here is one of two targets we warranted in 25 years. The back side took 60,000 shots.

View attachment 2230898
Wow! 60,000 shots. That would take me a few years.

·
Vendor
25,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Yes sir. Please take note that Joe shot all the spots front and back. Most people for whatever reason shoot the middle. They wear a big hole in the middle and think they wore out the target. This was the backside of the other target that we
warrantied.
image1 (1).jpeg

101 - 120 of 135 Posts