Archery Talk Forum banner

121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
Interesting way to extend the life of a bag target. I’ve been trying to wear out a Morrell target for three years. It’s getting close.

·
Vendor
25,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Interesting way to extend the life of a bag target. I’ve been trying to wear out a Morrell target for three years. It’s getting close.
If you wear out the cover of a Morrell, you can use their filler and suck it down with a vacuum in the Third Hand Rag Bag. The rag bag will outlast the Morrell.

·
Vendor
25,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
To me what is funny is the look on someones face when they take their worn-out $300 target and cut it open. Hard to believe what these companies put inside their targets and sell them for $300. But of course, they give free shipping. lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does the field point used make a difference in longevity? I have some with blunt tips and some with pointed tips. Thinking the pointed tips will cause less damage to the bag?

·
Registered
122 Posts
How much shrink wrap would it take to fill up a 48x48 target? Like how many feet of the stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
25,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
How much shrink wrap would it take to fill up a 48x48 target? Like how many feet of the stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a good question. I have not tried filling one with shrink wrap because I have not had good luck with it. Others have hopefully somebody will jump in and answer your question.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's a good question. I have not tried filling one with shrink wrap because I have not had good luck with it. Others have hopefully somebody will jump in and answer your question.
Thought I would chime in here, I haven't filled a bag completely with plastic wrap.But I have packed it tight around the edges where I dont't hit regularly,makes it not so heavy to lug around.

·
Registered
17,947 Posts
For anybody that's wanted to use shrink wrap head to your local auto parts store. Most of them get pallets of merchandise at least once a week... Hint, most O'Reilly's get shrink-wrapped palette everyday... show up there when they're opening, talk to the manager I'm sure they'll give you all the shrink-wrap you want... may have to make multiple trips or ask the manager to Simply put it in a cardboard box that you were going to provide.

I know it's probably already mentioned a few times here but for those that don't go through and read, try your local automotive upholstery place... They throw stuff away all the time

121 - 140 of 142 Posts