Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this while turkey hunting and I don't have a clue what to do with it. I found the carcass and I believe it died of old age. It was on public hunting ground. I hope he had lots and lots of children.

Attachments

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
WOW! I would do a nice Euro mount with it!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
That's a stud. You can send them out east to MD if you really don't know what to do with them. I haven't seen any TN deer that looked like like that.

·
Registered
300 Posts
What part of TN? I was down there Turkey hunting on public ground and I was speaking with the Ranger about the deer heard there. He said a lot of the heard was whipped out from what they called "Blue Tongue Disease". That could have been the cause. He also should me some of the bucks they had found around the grounds dead. Said they were most always found around a water source.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
x2,DO a euro mount..Im not fond of doing shoulder mounts on animals I do not kill myself.
x3 cool rack...............On second thought just send it to me.:smile:

·
Registered
200 Posts
thats an awesome deer.I will take it if you don't want it lol.Where did you find it?That is one great deer .Amazing deer if its from Tn.Well its a great deer no matter where its from.:shade:

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Awesome rack! I'd take it to a taxidermist and let them clean it up for ya! :shade:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats an awesome deer.I will take it if you don't want it lol.Where did you find it?That is one great deer .Amazing deer if its from Tn.Well its a great deer no matter where its from.:shade:
I found it on the WMA on Percy Priest Lake.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
What part of TN? I was down there Turkey hunting on public ground and I was speaking with the Ranger about the deer heard there. He said a lot of the heard was whipped out from what they called "Blue Tongue Disease". That could have been the cause. He also should me some of the bucks they had found around the grounds dead. Said they were most always found around a water source.

This usually happens in a very dry summer actually, although it can happen any time of the year. A lot of times it is because the deer are using the same water source. A little black gnat or fly near a concentrated water source bites the deer and gives it the disease. They dehydrate severely which eventually kills them, which is why you find them near the water.

We had it really bad in MD like 2 or 3 years ago, there were dead deer all over the place, found a couple good bucks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Shoot a good cape for him next year and get him mounted

1 - 20 of 21 Posts