Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going on my first guided hunt this spring through "hunting for heroes". basically outfitters donate hunts to injured soldiers and i luckily scored big with a spring bear hunt. what should i get the outfitter to show my appeciation. i know people usually tip their guides but i dont know if that would be appropriate in this situation. one option ive been thinking about is buying the outfitter and guide a 66er of crown. anyone got ideas or insight into this

-wally

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
Cabelas/Bass Pro gift card and something small but nice. JAI

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
Everybody likes money and Guides love it...But a Gift Card for a Really nice restaurant,Maybe?..And the Crown...Thats the Good stuff...Good luck on the Hunt and Thanks for Serving OUR country...Grizz

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I'd do a gift card and maybe a memento for your sqaudron or platoon or something. Just an idea. Thanks for serving brother God bless.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Well being a service member, do you have access to get a Canadian flag flown on one of your aircraft over the country that it flys over to protect? Im in a fighter unit so it is neat to give people an American flag that is flown in a fighter on a mission over Iraq or Afghanistan..... it also reminds those guys/gals that a flag is always with them when flying their mission. To me you cant give a bigger token like that to people that do great things to support the troops. That flag is priceless to some.....

·
Vendor
25,434 Posts
Well being a service member, do you have access to get a Canadian flag flown on one of your aircraft over the country that it flys over to protect? Im in a fighter unit so it is neat to give people an American flag that is flown in a fighter on a mission over Iraq or Afghanistan..... it also reminds those guys/gals that a flag is always with them when flying their mission. To me you cant give a bigger token like that to people that do great things to support the troops. That flag is priceless to some.....
I'm with you on this one. You have given enough, but this would be great. If I were the outfitter, a great hand shake, look in the eye and Thank you, would be more than enough for me.
Thank you for your service and enjoy the hunt.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Give them a case knife, nothing big, nothing flashy, just a fixed blade knife, 5 inch or so, lasts forever, you could even have it engraved with a special message if you like.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I'm with you on this one. You have given enough, but this would be great. If I were the outfitter, a great hand shake, look in the eye and Thank you, would be more than enough for me.
Thank you for your service and enjoy the hunt.
Give them a case knife, nothing big, nothing flashy, just a fixed blade knife, 5 inch or so, lasts forever, you could even have it engraved with a special message if you like.
I like both of these. Take some good whiskey to share. Send them something special once you get home and see what they might use. Buck makes some good stuff too.
Have fun and thanks,
Dozier

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I suggest bypassing the blended bourbon such as Crown, and getting some real whiskey. That blended stuff is only good for a good headache in the morning.

Enjoy your hunt and good luck. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Challenge coin from your unit. I have bomb lanyards from weapon delivered to Afghanistan and Iraq, I don't give them out often...

·
Registered
278 Posts
U could get him a nice drop point skinner its something that would be worth its weight in gold to a guide

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 43 Posts