Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the sport of archery, and am now shooting at the moment shooting a recurve bow. Some of my freinds and i were thinking of getting into bowhunting in 1 to 2 years, and we were looking for some information. As extreme novice hunters as i and they would be, i was looking for some information about what to look out for when hunting in North America (ontario). Such as diseases in game animals, what to know etc. Also how to avoid getting shot in the woods, lol. We would get compound bows and become proficient with them, as well as take the required ontario hunting course, if we were to actually hunt. Any information or references would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Im not sure if CWD has made it to youre neck of the woods, then theres always lyme disease from those damb ticks.
oh yea dont forget those blood sucking mosquitos :wink:
As a novice hunter always hunt with a friend, know youre area and let someone at home know where you are and when to expect you back. Id say mostly comonsence also Id say keep youre gear simple until you get a feel for whats going on dont get stuck in the gadget trap that so many of us
( my self included ) do. and most of all have fun:) dont get frustrated !
like most skills hunting takes time and effort.
Always carry a small flash light,
something to start a fire
somthing to mark a trail
an energy bar or 2
A bottle of water
and a compass even when you know where you are. the more you use one the more proficient youll become. and some day that skill will come in handy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts