Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, season opens tomorrow. Got my bow tuned, stand sites picked out, lanes cleared, gear all ready to go, picked up tags yesterday... Only variable left... What to bring to eat? Thinking about bringing along some PB&J. I hear peanut butter is a good curiosity scent. What do you all pack for lunch if you intend to eat on stand? How about snacks?

·
Registered
513 Posts
a nice juice venison burger, I was just joking, I bring fruits granola bars and PB&j sandwitch, creeme chese bagel works also, I also bring a pack of spearmint gum it helps eliminate those foul mouth odors hehe, gl all and safe hunting.

·
Registered
845 Posts
food?

I do not eat anything and you should not either! This is serious business and you guys need to pay attention to what is going on near your stand!! Man the thought of eating food on a hunt..foolish! But ..if... I... did take somthing it might be....jawbreakers,gum, and a wide mouth water to...recycle into urinal! Be safe and good luck fellas.

·
Registered
916 Posts
No-farts

Alot of water, and stuff that doesn't give me gas or belch!
You know your own system better than anyone.
Serious!

Eat safe
Out for now

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
Wait you cant fart in the woods!!

Does a bear fart in the woods?

If I fart in the woods and there was nobody there to smell it did it smell?

I pack a lunch, I plan to say for a while and I didnt get this big belly from missing meals. I take juice, deer jerky, some twinkies, some apples. Just what ever opens quiet and is small.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Crack

On second thought grndzer I may be better off taking all the food I like and use that "cough muffler" on my bungholio! Then I'll be set!

My luck I'd try being quiet and your "crack squirrel" would be hanging around me as I'm trying to be stealthy!lol:D

Wild avatar grndzer
Eat safe
Out for now

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
qdraw:

If you can sit 14 hours without food or water in temperatures ranging from 80 to below 0...that's amazing. Teach us all how to do that! :)

I can't go more than 4-5 hours without a munch on something...and surely not without water. I drink freakin gallons a day. Fortunately, I have a pretty good bladder...so I can usually hold out all day (somehow) and not have to go...despite all that I drink. But then there are those days where you can't get down from your tree quick enough...hehe I know we've all had THOSE days! :D :D :D

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Deer camp food
Sardines
Vienna sausages
Pintos (Fart pellets)

stuff to take along while out hunting
Jerkey
apples
Oranges

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
Grndzer said:
Wait you cant fart in the woods!!

If I fart in the woods and there was nobody there to smell it did it smell?

You're supposed to fart in your Scent-Loc Fart bag. It's a new item they just came out with. Along the lines of those other useless deer hunter items for sale.

·
Registered
61 Posts
BigBird you were joking it will probably be out this year. It will be attached to a butt silencer. It'll quiet the noise and quench the stench. The Neutralizer! I think that Uncle Ted will be their TV spokesman.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Hey BigBird and Imakeoil, you both may have something there. Imagine both ideas put together....A contraption that you can fart into and it silences it while also removing the odor:D Just think of all the stuff you can eat before a hunt;) What would be a good name for it though???? You could be millionaires....

JP

1 - 20 of 23 Posts