Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
Bowtech SS34
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, I need some ideas! I am going to be hunting a property that I cannot use any screw in steps or bow hangers, per the property owner wishes. I am going to use my climbing sticks and a hang on....no problem. The question I have is what do you guys in this same situation use to hang your bow and pack on? On the main farm I hunt this isn't an issue so I use EZ hangers for my bow and a tree step to hang my pack on. I dont want to have to hold my bow in my hand the whole time I am sitting. I have a Guardian and I dont thing the bow holder things work to well with the parallel limbs. I was thinking if they made a product that strapped around the tree and had hooks on it that would be cool! Almost a ratchet strap with hooks attached to it. I guess a guy could use a ratchet strap and a step with the threaded end cut off????

Any ideas fellas?

Thanks! :darkbeer:

· Registered
366 Posts
no steps

Put a carabineer on the strap/chain for your tree stand and just snap your pack onto it once you get the stand in place. You could also put a carabineer on your safety belt rope that goes around the tree.

To hold your bow, i would look at an aftermarket bow holder that attaches to your stand. There are quite a few that will hold parallel limb bows.

· Registered
3,609 Posts
OK guys, I need some ideas! I am going to be hunting a property that I cannot use any screw in steps or bow hangers, per the property owner wishes. I am going to use my climbing sticks and a hang on....no problem. The question I have is what do you guys in this same situation use to hang your bow and pack on? On the main farm I hunt this isn't an issue so I use EZ hangers for my bow and a tree step to hang my pack on. I dont want to have to hold my bow in my hand the whole time I am sitting. I have a Guardian and I dont thing the bow holder things work to well with the parallel limbs. I was thinking if they made a product that strapped around the tree and had hooks on it that would be cool! Almost a ratchet strap with hooks attached to it. I guess a guy could use a ratchet strap and a step with the threaded end cut off????

Any ideas fellas?

To hang your gear on, at the hardware store they sell rubber coated hooks with a closed loop on one end. I tie 3 of them to a 1/4 rope about 6" apart and tie it to the tree. For your bow, a strap on tree step works good, or you could use another hook on a seperate rope.....bend the hook out a little.

· Registered
9,011 Posts

Any ideas fellas?

I bought some hooks that slip over the strap, that attaches to the tree, of my safety harness. $7.00 for three hooks @ Bowhunters Super Store

· Registered
Bowtech SS34
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just found these a few weeks back, for just the situation you describe...

Totally adjustable, and they hold like 20 pounds...
Here's the link to their website...
http://www.mejiaoutdoors.com
These look like a good idea, just wondering if the strap is long enough. I might buy one and try it though!

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.