Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far could someone lengthen the draw length via string only? Would it be better to tune with cables as well?

Question is directed towards a Bowtech Prodigy. I'm talking about 1/4" +/- of the module setting. E.g: 29.5 to 29.75 also 30 to 29.75?

Thanks

·
Bears Den Precision
3,634 Posts
Maybe 1/8" via the string

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
I just did this on an elite victory. I did most of it on the string but did tweak the cables about 6 twists as well to cheat it as much as I could

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I've had issues with peeps turning if you twist the string too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Back Yard Champion
29,742 Posts
Depending who you talk to there is a ratio of sorts for double cam bows. 1 twist of both cables equals 3 to 4 twists of the bow string.

1/4" is probably pushing things, but I got radical once and reduced draw length by 1 1/4" using a ratio of 1 to 4. Sure knots up the bow string though, but smoothed out once on the bow. Cables had almost no twists left in them. I did not lose draw weight or speed nor did I have peep issues and accuracy was as good as ever. Right after I had Vapor Trail make a set of strings to match lengths.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My experience with twisting the string too much has been issues with the peep. The loop will be way off to the side and the peep way off to the other side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts