Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy an ASAT leafy suit. I currently have a Scent Blocker outfitter suit in Hardwoods so I'm going to get the ASAT leafy suit to break up more. My questions is, what are you guys wearing underneath the suit? I figure in the early season I could just wear my enduraskin underneath, but in the late season I was looking to buy some windproof/waterproof pants and jacket. Should I just keep my Scent Blocker stuff and wear it under the ASAT or get something else that isn't camo? Maybe Columbia or North Face gear? Thanks for any help.

· Registered
908 Posts
If your scent blocker stuff is warm and wearable why buy something else. I wear camo fleece pants and jacket under it in colder weather.

· Registered
908 Posts
I don't like their windshear. Every piece I have seen with it was way too loud. I wear a high loft fleece and put on my rain gear if the wind is blowing hard enough to bother me.

· Registered
190 Posts
wear whatever you like, but here's what I wore the 1st two weeks of the Montana archery elk season this year and it worked very well for me, even wearing the same clothes for 4 or 5 days straight in 30-85 F degree weather going up and down the mountains/hills looking for the elk, sweating most of the time after it warmed up in the mornings.

Rocky Scent IQ 7 button shirt, microfiber polyester, MOBU Green
Rocky Scent IQ pants, microfiber polyester, MOBU Green
Rocky Scent IQ archer's hat, MOBU
Medalist silvermax long sleeve camo lightweight tee shirt (warm/hot days), MOBU
Medalist silvermax long sleeve zip pullover lightweight fleece tee shirt (cool/cold days)
Rocky Scent IQ lightweight gloves
XGO Scent prevent underwear
merino wool socks
6 inch uninsulated Lacrosse Scent HD boots
ASAT leafy 3-D headnet
ASAT leafy 3-D top
didn't wear the ASAT bottoms, as we were moving too much all the time and the Rocky camo matched the terrain exactly anyway. Its very hard to see the Rocky pants in the photo.

Can't always shower or wash clothes in elk camp, depending on weather and time, but the Rocky Scent IQ clothes held up to multiple consecutive days of wearing it with no detectable odor, even after sweating thru them every day multiple times. I was careful not to expose hunting clothes to camp odors from the kitchen tent and porta-potty. The Rocky Scent IQ and Medalist clothes were quiet and odor free under the ASAT.

Here's the proof this combo works (breathable microfiber polyester silver nanotechnology hunting clothes under ASAT 3-D camo). The silver particle nanotechnology works and it is much lower cost and easier to care for than carbon suits like Scent-loc, plus it breathes and doesn't lock in sweat to your body.

I'm sold on Rocky Scent IQ brand. I now have two complete sets, MOBU Green and MOBU HW.

You still need to play the wind correctly whenever possible though.

Attachments

· Registered
3,050 Posts
During the 91F hot days of California archery season in July, I only wore boxer shorts under mine and it was perfect.

When I was just out in NH where it is cooler, I wore street clothes: denim blue jeans and a wicking long sleeve shirt under them.

I do wash everything I wear in scent free UV free laundry soap - even the boxers, socks, jeans, gloves, etc.

BTW, I love my 3D leafy ASAT camo suit. Most other camo I've used sticks out like a sore thumb by comparison.

Ray

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.