Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Stryker Solution 390
580 Posts
i know my friends moultrie i-40 was out for a month with brand new batteries. when we picked it up it had taken over 1300 pictures and had 92% battery life left on it. that is great if you ask me.

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
I have a I590 stealth cam. It took 4500 pics this spring at bear baits. I felt that was great.

I had a wildveiw last year and it might take 500 pics and was out of batteries.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The Bushnell will go a year with 8 AA Lithium batteries in it. 6 months with 8 coppertops in it.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Yep the Bushnell's have it hands down and they do well in all the test. Randy

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an I40 the batteries went for 2 years took close to 10,000 pictures no joke

WOW . I used the older Moultrie's with the rechargable batteries (6v)

and would get 700 or 800 per charge , and get that many in a week or 2 .

They are getting to be 3 years old and Moultrie no longer makes any of their camera's with the rechargable batteries .

·
Registered
323 Posts
hco scout guard has last about 3 months and about 5000 pics

. i think if u get a infared they will last alot longer than flash

·
Registered
381 Posts
I can go all season On moultire batteries.I have several of them .

Avoid the Cuddeback IR.. They are Junk...

Lots of good cameras out there unfortunately the cudde's aren't among them..

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I have a Covert II thats been out for 6 months and still going. Uses 8AAs. Roughly 50-100 pics a week.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Bushnell Trophy Cam, Scoutguard, or Covert is gonna be tough to beat in the battery department.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Bushnell Trophy Cam!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I just replaced the batts in my SG 550 a week or two ago. It has been out non-stop since Oct 12, 2008. Almost a year and somewhere around 12,000 pix. Even better batt life than in my I-40, and it's good too.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I have a moultrie D-40 and if I use an 8.00 6 volt Duracell I get 3 whole weeks. Pictures ??? You mean this thing takes pictures. In the 5 years I have owned this POS I am lucky if I have gotten 200 pictures. I have got more pics in 3 weeks on my 50.00 Wal-mart special Wildview than that Moultrie.

·
Rock Chalk Jayhawks
194 Posts
Stealth I590. Put it out in August, take it down usually middle of December. Have not had to change the batteries out yet. This will be my 4th year with the cameras.

·
snıuǝƃ ɹǝʇsɐ&#6
1,983 Posts
just a note about lithium batteries

they dont go down gradually...they tend to work at 90-95% right up until their end and then quit suddenly

they might do 2000 pics and still read 95%...then on pic 2001 go dead down to 0%

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Bushnell Trophy Cam, Scoutguard, or Covert is gonna be tough to beat in the battery department.
I agree, I have a covert 2 and I have it set on a bait pile and it takes 100-200 pics in one day. Of corse I have it set to take 1 photo with 20 sec intervals. it allows you to set it so u can take a pic anywhere from 1 sec to 60 min in between pics. The best camera and battery life I have seen yet.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 77 Posts