1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts

thats from my $100 homebrew

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
s600, should have seen those pictures before photobucket mutilated them with their automatic shrinking to 1024 by 768(i think thats what it was shrunk to)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Most cameras will all take good clear pics during the day. One thing you will hate about a 150$ camera is that unless your setup on a corn pile, you will get alot of blank pics b/c of slow trigger speed. That being said I have a 2.0mp wildview extreme I got for 80$ on sale. It takes pics just as clear as posted above in daylight. Night pics are slightly granier, flash is good, trigger is slow and it eats batteries. I love that camera for the price but I bought two others of the same and they were crap, so maybe I got a slightly better one. Cheap cameras are good if the possibility of getting it stolen is there. I know you can find Cuddeback excites for 220$ new now, so you might want to consider that. If your limited to 150, then only spend 100 b/c you will be getting the same thing. Bump up to 200 and you will get better.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
wildview

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
I would save up 50 more buck and buy a I40 moultrie. Just me though.:darkbeer:
I have seen the I40 for as low as $179.99 at several places... Just google it.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it will be over corn, so i am not worried about speed. i just dont want to put a whole lot of money into it because it is guarunteed to be stolen within a month of putting it out there.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
i have gotten pictures of deer running past this pile, this is a slower trigger speed during the day with a homebrew (about 2-2.5 seconds) but i have some cameras in the field that have a trigger speed of 1.5 seconds at night, that thing can get a deer in a fast walk to just about be centered in the picture. Just those cameras are a little more expensive because they are a newer type camera with a higher megapixel than this camera.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
it will be over corn, so i am not worried about speed. i just dont want to put a whole lot of money into it because it is guarunteed to be stolen within a month of putting it out there.
Why not get an enclosure that will blend into the surroundings? I have seen some here on AT that blew my mind in stealth-ness! :eek:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
unless this enclosure covers up the flash at night, then it is pretty useless. im not always around to monitor my grandparents property, and people still hunt there even though they havent asked for permission in 5 years and still continue to hunt despite reminders every year that they are not welcome. just found all my no tresspassing signs were ripped down. these people are there more than me, so i know that this trailcam will not last long, even if i were to hide it. just trying for 1 good months use out of it.

i have seen lock boxes made for the trailcams, but the problem is the area that it needs to be. it is all scrub brush with no real trees to hang it on close to the trails. i was going to place it on a 4X4 sunk into the ground and still try to hide it. i will just cut my losses when the time comes.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Bunch of bull

That is a bunch of bull that you have to spend allot of money for a fast camera. I can take that s600 with a yeti fast board with a wide angle fresnel and I will get running deer. It`s all in the setup. Yes the s600 might not be the fastest but with the right setup its not bad. You can still build a p32 less than $150 that is fast enough. It is real hard to beat the picture quality of a s600. I can build a s40 that is fast for less than $85. Yes he can build that s600 for about $100. Thats a 6 mp trailcam for about $100 if you know what you are doing. There are people that think this build for $100 is subpar they are just ignorant to the facts.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
That is a bunch of bull that you have to spend allot of money for a fast camera. I can take that s600 with a yeti fast board with a wide angle fresnel and I will get running deer. It`s all in the setup. Yes the s600 might not be the fastest but with the right setup its not bad. You can still build a p32 less than $150 that is fast enough. It is real hard to beat the picture quality of a s600. I can build a s40 that is fast for less than $85. Yes he can build that s600 for about $100. Thats a 6 mp trailcam for about $100 if you know what you are doing. There are people that think this build for $100 is subpar they are just ignorant to the facts.

:thumbs_up yup yup.. I would go with a nice homebrew.. not to hard to make .. good quality pics and the pricew is not bad for a decent set-up..

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Moultrie D40 , Great camera

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
unless this enclosure covers up the flash at night, then it is pretty useless. im not always around to monitor my grandparents property, and people still hunt there even though they havent asked for permission in 5 years and still continue to hunt despite reminders every year that they are not welcome. just found all my no tresspassing signs were ripped down. these people are there more than me, so i know that this trailcam will not last long, even if i were to hide it. just trying for 1 good months use out of it.

i have seen lock boxes made for the trailcams, but the problem is the area that it needs to be. it is all scrub brush with no real trees to hang it on close to the trails. i was going to place it on a 4X4 sunk into the ground and still try to hide it. i will just cut my losses when the time comes.
You need to make an example out of someone. Then they will get the message loud and clear!

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,439 Posts
Yup!!!

:set1_signs009: WHAT HE SAID

1 - 18 of 18 Posts