Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always paper tune my bow but I need to do some additional tuning and I was leaning at 2 or all of the following..walk back tuning, bare shaft tuning, and short distance tuning...just wondered what everyone else uses for tuning their bow setups?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I don't paper tune. I bare shaft and do a walk back. After that I will try some downhill shoots to set the 3rd axis. If it is a hunting bow, I try to get the broadheads and field points shooting together.

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
First of all I make sure the bow is in perfect time, cams/cam and tiller is set and the poundage is set at what the person is going to be shooting it at. Then make sure the arrows are spined correctly for the poundage. then I look at vanes and tips to see if they are in shootable condition and the tips weight the same. Then start shooting at paper from up close to far away.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Paper Tuning

I use and depend on paper tuning most of the time. Once I get a bullet hole I will continue to use the paper tuning method to help me with my shooting form (paper does not lie). my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Tuning methods

I will shoot thru paper to get the knock height right

Then I will walk back tune to get my center shot right

Then I group tune to determine spine, point weight, arrow length, poundage etc.

Some of these take time and patience but well worth it in the end.

TX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts