Archery Talk Forum banner

What type of stabilizer?

596 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  bowjunkie2
I was wondering if soemone could help me on what type of stabilizer would be best for my hunting rig. I have read countless threads and reviews of Posten, Donkier, Fuse, and the list goes on and on. I currently on my old setup shot a S-coil but that was for quickenss (you can pick these up anywhere) and price, and maybe they are all i need that is what i am wondering. I have just purchased my second bow which is an 08 Guardian and am currnetly in the process of setting it up. I am pretty new to bowhunting (this past year was my second year) and wondering what tips some of the veterans have to offer. Thanks and once again any suggestions are appreciated!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,005 Posts
A properly set-up stabilizer will help you to hold steady on the target.

You are the only one who will be able to find the right set-up for yourself.

Get a stabilizer that will allow you to adjust weight and possibly length.

First look at stiffness(you dont want a wobbly stabilizer) and adjustability, and lastly vibration dampening(not as important as helping you hold steady).

The SOS, Posten Woodsman, and B-Stinger are all nice stabilizers.

· Registered
1,560 Posts
Did some testing today with my s-coil vs 12" Posten Slim Jimmz on my Sentinel at the range. The S-coil was great out to 30 yds keeping all arrows grouping tight.At 40 yds the arrow groups opened up with the s-coil where the Posten maintained a tighter group. With the Posten I'm able to hold the pin much better at 40yds giving me the better groups. Guess I'll jus stay with the Posten.70% of all my practicing is at 40 yds also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.