Archery Talk Forum banner
2K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  MonsterMadness 
#1 ·
I'm hunting on public land in my neighborood (200+ acres), and I am starting to seriouly hunt it next year. I'm gonna be putting in 2 little 1/4 acre clover plots in the woods. So would it be better to have two lock on stands, two ladder stands, one of each, or a climber? What's y'all's opinion

#7 ·
I use ladders, climbers, hang on stands, and a web. If I'm going into hunt an area that I may not be the most familiar with, or taking a different approach to an area based on observed deer movement, I will take in sticks and the web.

Sticks and a web are the most versatile setup I have, just about any tree will do for the setup and you spend less time picking the "right tree" to climb, and more time sitting still and waiting. Public land would more than likely be the web and sticks, or climber.

#14 ·
If you have access to straight trees that are limbless for 18-20 feet I would say a climber is the most versatile. But I like to have a mobile set up of a lone wolf hang on and 4-5 sticks and a XOP sit and climb for comfort and very mobile in 95% of the properties I hunt so I use the climber the most.

#19 ·
A cheap Academy hangon and a set of Leverage sticks with the rope mod. Goes up fast and can hang it in just about any tree.

#25 ·
All of the above I guess I have a double person 17 ft ladder on edge of my food plot. A hangon with sticks in hardwoods and I use my climber for public.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.