Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m still fine tuning my purchasing plans for a target bow. Would it be better to use, UltraTec XT3000 or XT2000 limbs and Cam & ½ or Spiral & ½? At first I was leaning towards the XT2000 limbs with the Cam & 1/2., but now I’m thinking the XT3000 limbs with Spiral & ½ might be a better choice. (50–60 lbs. 28” draw)

What's your suggestion?

Thanks,

Vic

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
IMHO, I would go with the 3000's, more forgiving and only 10fps slower. I would also go with the spirals. The wall is very hard and the valley is almost not there. I like that. That is just my personal preferance though.:) Good Luck.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Chance Beaubouef and Mary Zorn shoot Ultratec XT3000 Cam 1/2, Griggs shoots Protec XT3000 spiral and Cousin Dave shoots UT with LX Pro limbs. Go to http://www.hoytusa.com/news/index.tpl?Cart=3269893181188409 and read the latest news releases. They list the winning setups from these pros. Go with the UT 3000 cam 1/2 or spiral but remember that the spiral XT3000 combo is a custom shop order and is more expensive.

·
Registered
9,749 Posts
With your draw length the XT 2000's will fit you like a glove and be a bit faster. Judging from you handle, you must be fairly new to the game and therfore I would definatly go with the cam and 1/2's. They will give you easy adjustability and also help with resale. - You have picked one of the very best bows available to start with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts