Archery Talk Forum banner

What was your 3D score at the Dixie Deer Classic?

839 5
Well I made the 2.5 hour trip west to Raleigh to the Dixie Deer Classic Friday and while I was there I tried my luck at the 3D course. By the way it was a pleasure meeting so many folks from AT there. My hat goes off to the great group of guys (all volunteer) who ran the course. It was my first 3D shoot ever so I was just wondering what did you all shoot? The max score was 180 on a 15 target course.

I will start it off with my score: ;)

154 on the first try for record
158 second time for fun

so how did you do?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to add to this I also added this same post over in the 3D forum with a few pics from the day in case you did not go so you can see the course. I tried to post them here too but it will not let me. Here is the link to that one..

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=868500

· Registered
8,117 Posts
I am going in the morning to shoot it, so I will let you know tomorrow! :smile:
I shot a 164 today, we got there at 10:30 and did not get to shoot until 1:30 or so. I shot a darn 8 on the #15 ram. I used a hole as a reference point with the binoculars, and when I found the hole in my scope I drilled it. It made me happy until I checked it and saw it was the wrong hole! :rolleyes:

I believe 176 was the HIGH score when we left at 2:00 today!

We left at 2 o'clock and they were still like 2.5 hours behind with shooters waiting to shoot. Must have been a huge turn out!

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
being my first 3D shoot i didnt even carry any bionoculars with me so I really just tried to make kill shots on all of the animals.. word to the wise.. if you have never shot a 3D course like me a scoring shot and a kill shot is not the same..lol.. but hey I had a blast and everyone of them would of been in the freezer.. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.