Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1 week of vac. i can put for bowhunting.It is nov the 1st thur the 8th, or the 15th thur the 21st. The first quarter moon is on the 6th. and the full moon is on the 13th.This is in illinois.What week would you take???

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
1-8 without a doubt.:cocktail:

·
HillsideCustomSlings, LLC
13,587 Posts
First week of Nov. :closed_2:

·
Registered
904 Posts
I am going to agree to disagree with most of you. I have a wall full of mid november bucks!! Take the 15th-21st.You are playing with too much fire on the first week. If the weather is warm,you are screwed.The rut will be delayed a little but by the 15th it does not matter.Also you'll have the best chance to kill the biggest bucks in your area then, not just the lil guys( I.E. 3 year olds and down)......just my .02

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Lots of variables come into play here but personally I've always seen more activity in mid Nov than early Nov.

Stupid moon.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I live in illinois and hunt in the midwest part of it..1st -8th..u wont be disapointed.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
trust me!!!!!!!.........1st thru the 8th...Have any questions pm me.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I'm confused :confused: but I don't think that you can bow hunt on Nov 21, isn't that opening day of shotgun. The first Fri. Sat. and Sunday before Thanksgiving would Nov. 21,22,23 You also may run into alot of shotgunners out hanging stands and whatnot a couple of days in advance. Maybe I'm wrong, this would be the second time :wink:.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I am going to agree to disagree with most of you. I have a wall full of mid november bucks!! Take the 15th-21st.You are playing with too much fire on the first week. If the weather is warm,you are screwed.The rut will be delayed a little but by the 15th it does not matter.Also you'll have the best chance to kill the biggest bucks in your area then, not just the lil guys( I.E. 3 year olds and down)......just my .02
This has been my experience as well hunting southern Illinois the last 10 years. The weather that first week has always been unpredictable. I have seen far too many warm fronts that first week. I will be there Nov 16th -23rd this year.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I have 1 week of vac. i can put for bowhunting.It is nov the 1st thur the 8th, or the 15th thur the 21st. The first quarter moon is on the 6th. and the full moon is on the 13th.This is in illinois.What week would you take???
Are you planning on shot gun hunting on the Nov 21???? You say that you are bowhunting. :sorry: To keep bringing this up. Can someone figure this out for me :frusty:.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts