Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please bear with me as I searched the forum for awhile prior to starting a new post.

I’m currently shooting a High Country Supreme at 70 – 80 lbs. (closer to 73 lbs.). My arrows are Easton XX78 Super Slams 2317’s that are 30.25” from threaded insert to end of installed knock.

After speaking with Ron at Van’s Archery Shop (well noted shop in Michigan) I learned that my High Country stores a rather large amount of kinetic energy at full draw. This can be seen by the sharp shape to the cam (nothing like the newer elliptical “smoother-edged” cams). I can only assume that this puts quite a bit of initial stress and flex to my arrows.

I have been shooting 125 grain with pretty good results. It wouldn’t surprise me a bit to be way off on the weight that I should be using.

So what weigh broad head and practice tips should I be using? Is there a website that I could go to in order to get some recommendations?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
-Matt

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Matt, that's a pretty complex question.

When in doubt, start with 100's, then go up or down depending on tuning results. But if the 125's are going OK, I'd be inclined to not fix it anymore.

Arrow weight is a tuning option, more than anything else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts