Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
Use cat whiskers and make sure your string stop is tight and a credit cards width away from string....Grizz

·
Registered
19,076 Posts
Do you have a string stop? If not check out coolhandluke here on AT, he makes some really nice ones for any bow for about $20.00.

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guy's
So Catwhiskers are the ticket?
String stop looks good, everything tight. med weight arrow 355 gr

·
Registered
399 Posts
Cat whiskers are still the best and you can use skirt material for making fishing lures like spinner baits or jigs and get almost any color you want. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of options.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,302 Posts
Heavier arrows does work but is very expensive. Cat whiskers have never failed me yet

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
Thanks guy's
For hunting these are light weight. My research shows a 1 Db reduction for every 50 grains of arrow weight. Bump it up to 450 and you will see a noise reduction and much more penetration. I know you need speed LOL, invest in a good range finder!

·
Leggo My Eggo
3,914 Posts
Catwhiskers are the best I've used. Have removed them to try something different but always end up putting the whiskers back on.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,808 Posts
Thanks guy's
Mid weight arrow? What is your draw weight? If a 355 grain arrow is mid weight you would have to be shooting 50 pound max.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Do you have a string stop? If not check out coolhandluke here on AT, he makes some really nice ones for any bow for about $20.00.
True story. I make them for about everything. Best bang for the buck. Super soft stopper, and offer factory replacements as well. Every decibel matters!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts