Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love hunting these critters. Here is picture from the 3D range... I wasn't scoring but determined to make what I consider actual "heart shots." Assuming this was a "hog only" what do you think would have actually happened if this shot was made at a nasty porker?

As you can tell from the picture the animal was quartering toward. I was shooting up hill at roughly 35 yards...

I shoot an old style 2.5" cut on contact broadhead total arrow mass right around 625 gpi.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Very long tracking job. Even feral hogs have their lungs more forward, or so it seems from the ones I've killed. Back of near lung(right at the diaphragm) and out through gut.

hd

· Registered
2,171 Posts
I love hunting these critters. Here is picture from the 3D range... I wasn't scoring but determined to make what I consider actual "heart shots." Assuming this was a "hog only" what do you think would have actually happened if this shot was made at a nasty porker?

As you can tell from the picture the animal was quartering toward. I was shooting up hill at roughly 35 yards...

I shoot an old style 2.5" cut on contact broadhead total arrow mass right around 625 gpi.

I say dead pig on the spot.

Depending on your arrow speed (I assume slow) hitting him with a 3 pound arrow should nock the wind out of him long enough for you to run up and cut his throat! :eek: This is guessing your shaft length at 30" X your gpi!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.