Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could build an app for hunting what would the App be?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Anything that actually was useful and would work and be actually user friendly. That for some reason doesn't exist.

I'd just be totally thrilled if i could figure out how to get Google earth on my droid.

·
Registered
134 Posts
@kyle ... it's on the market ... the android market ...

I'm thinking of an app, not really only for a mobile device, but one that help you track your shooting progress. Something for us newbs to help us and give us concrete proof we are getting better... not just I think I'm getting better... yep... Have a spreadsheet for 300 that is amazing! adds everything up, counts the x's and everything... but I want to take that and turn it into an app or something that could be used for other formats as well.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I'm not an "app" guy. But I could see a use for an hunt log app that you could enter sightings, times, number of deer, type of deer, stand location, notes etc. I would like to the app go out and get the weather info for the time period specified i.e. wind speed, wind direction, temp, barometric pressure, moon phase. That would serve as a good journal but it could be shared to create a database to look for spikes in activity etc.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
@ kyle google earth is awesome when im in my stand i favorite my spot and then i have all of my stand locations on gps it is absolutely great one of the best apps out for us hunters

1 - 12 of 12 Posts