Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys do if you had no private property to hunt, could not draw a public land tag, and could not afford to go out of state to hunt? Im curious to what you guys would do.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Get in your truck and go ask permission til you get some ground. So what if you get turned down 9 out of 10 times? that equals one place to hunt. They won't all turn u down. Too many guys fear the word" No". you gotta fight through the no's to get a yes.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was speaking hypotheticly. But, If i was talking about me... You would still have to have to draw a tag to hunt private property.

I mean, what if ther were no ways around those things? I'm not trying to find out ways to do things, just seeing what you guys might do in this situation. I myself have resorted to going into the fetal position.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well,
You can purchase a landowner tag on private property, but They are really expensive.
For regular hunts on private property, you have to draw, then get permission to hunt the private property.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Well,
You can purchase a landowner tag on private property, but They are really expensive.
For regular hunts on private property, you have to draw, then get permission to hunt the private property.
I'm not being a smart @$$ I honestly didn't know that in the U.S. you could live in a State where a resident couldn't hunt there own PUBLIC ground?!?! That is plain dumb....

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Not much could keep me out of the woods. I'd find a way, even if it was terrible hunting grounds I'd be out there just because being in a tree with nobody bothering me, seeing things you can't see in the office, and the peace is what I like the most.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wait,
Im not sure if there is some confusion here.
Here, ANYBODY, resident or not, to hunt public land, or private land (not a ranch or landowner tag) you have to draw in that unit + have permission to hunt the private property.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not much could keep me out of the woods. I'd find a way, even if it was terrible hunting grounds I'd be out there just because being in a tree with nobody bothering me, seeing things you can't see in the office, and the peace is what I like the most.
But, carefully ready what I was saying... You cant hunt big game unless you draw, or buy a land owners tag.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Wait,
Im not sure if there is some confusion here.
Here, ANYBODY, resident or not, to hunt public land, or private land (not a ranch or landowner tag) you have to draw in that unit + have permission to hunt the private property.
So this has actually happened? Or your just making up a theory and asking what we'd do?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok,
well, I had intended on not making this a whining thread from me. But since you asked,
Yes, this is my real life scenerio.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Ok,
well, I had intended on not making this a whining thread from me. But since you asked,
That isn't whining...that is plain ******ED. I know people can't just move, but boy that would be tempting. I gotta say residents should get first pick over anyone... sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
Killemall.

I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. That sucks.

If it was me,I'd hunt predators all fall. I'm assuming you can hunt javelina, coyotes and lions. Maybe a bear too without having to draw a tag.

keep your head up, maybe next year you'll draw the really good tags.

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
Living in N. Mexico must be awful. For several years I could not hunt due to frozen shoulders. I went so crazy that I took up bicycle riding and would ride 4000 miles a year. Finally I healed up and can do almost anything that I want today. When you can't do one thing you have to do something else. I even learned how to solve a rubic's cube.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That isn't whining...that is plain ******ED. I know people can't just move, but boy that would be tempting. I gotta say residents should get first pick over anyone... sorry to hear that.
Well,
Residents do get like 85% of the draw tags... But still, there are like 50,000 people who apply for all the hunts combined.

EDIT:
I take that back... 172,000 People applied for elk this year, and 166,000 applied for deer. That is courteous of the NM game and fish website.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Ok,
Yeah, you and your fellow citizens are getting d!cked over by your state. I would be outta there in a hurry!

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
If new mexico can't let a resident have one tag for something, I bet they have alot of poaching problems. I'd almost do it, if I had no choice.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One more thing to add... The 2 times i have drawn, I have seen 3 deer. no bucks. Also, I like that our laws are that a legal buck must have at least 2 points on one side. A few years ago it was 3 or more to a side to be able to shoot.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts