Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok....here is the dilemma i face.....being how its a very touchy day for all of us in the USA.....being 911 and all.....

i have the delicate task of dinning with KWARD on her birthday....than she says that she wants to come to the barn and have a shootoff to settle this past weeks events.....(just so all yall know-this past week...kward and myself have basically split wins shooting indoors in the barn-something that doesnt set well with kward-as she used to own the barn scores)

so what would yall do......would you simply enjoy dinner and fake that your 8 year old son isnt feeling well and that i cant shoot tonight because of that.....or would you fake another kitty headache and say that i cant shoot because kitty has another headache......or would you say that you have carpal tunnel acting up and my bad shoulders are giving me problems and simply forfeit the victory to kward.....

now.....if kward were to really force my hand and make me shoot.....the most probable scenerio would be for me to beat her with a 300 vegas round with a higher x count......because i think she would catch on now if i "threw" off and missed a point or two....and i wouldnt want to do that to her on her birthday......

the way i see it...its kwards party and she can cry if she really wants too....so if she dares come to the barn wanting a game...a game she will get....im seeing her destiny unfolding as she ages with grace.....only the destiny wont be so graceful tonight.......

what would yall do......

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Couldn't you have kitty fix dinner which would make Junior sick, which would give you a legitimate out and possibly save you a couple dollars for dinner?

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
I'd shoot 29 perfect arrows and then set the bow down...just so she remembers what she's up against, and yet allows her to remain undefeated on her birthday...

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TCR1 said:
Couldn't you have kitty fix dinner which would make Junior sick, which would give you a legitimate out and possibly save you a couple dollars for dinner?

i thought of that....but pile up wasnt on the menu this evening:wink:

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
would you simply enjoy dinner and fake that your 8 year old son isnt feeling well and that i cant shoot tonight because of that.....
can't do that cause little bowtie would get the idea it's ok to fib..

would you fake another kitty headache and say that i cant shoot because kitty has another headache
does her head ache??? if not that's out too.

would you say that you have carpal tunnel acting up and my bad shoulders are giving me problems and simply forfeit the victory to kward...
some how the word Forfeit just doesn't sit right.

ain't but one thing to do, tell her to bring it and whip her One More Time !

then we can call you OMT as well as OBT.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Muley, That sounds like a much better option!

No use putting yourslef through the torture of a young'un with a sour stomach...I think thats what ya'l' call it in the south.

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bobmuley said:
I'd shoot 29 perfect arrows and then set the bow down...just so she remembers what she's up against, and yet allows her to remain undefeated on her birthday...
funny you should mention that number muley.....just last night.....i happen to miss on the 29th arrow.....i had to settle for a 299 24x just to "tie" her:wink:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
OBT, I believe the proper thing to do would be to invite her into the barn for a shoot-off and then have a group of people (friends or hired help) jump out and yell surprise...serve up a nice birthday cake and a few spam sandwiches. Make her drink a shot or glass of cheerwine for every year she has been on earth and then have the shoot-off....this is the way the good samaritan would do it...it's only right being her birthday and all.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bees said:
can't do that cause little bowtie would get the idea it's ok to fib..

does her head ache??? if not that's out too.

some how the word Forfeit just doesn't sit right.

ain't but one thing to do, tell her to bring it and whip her one more time !

then we can call you OMT as well as OBT.:darkbeer:

EXACTLY

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Doc said:
OBT, I believe the proper thing to do would be to invite her into the barn for a shoot-off and then have a group of people (friends or hired help) jump out and yell surprise...serve up a nice birthday cake and a few spam sandwiches. Make her drink a shot or glass of cheerwine for every year she has been on earth and then have the shoot-off....this is the way the good samaritan would do it...it's only right being her birthday and all.:darkbeer:
If you choose this route, make sure someone is there to "spot" her so she keeps the arrow going down range...

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doc said:

darn good idea Doc....but i cant find that much cheerwine on short notice:darkbeer: :wink: :tongue:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
TCR1 said:
If you choose this route, make sure someone is there to "spot" her so she keeps the arrow going down range...
Well if she gets too drunk then just hold the match EARLY the next morning with the lights in the barn turned all the way up...that would be the chivalrous thing to do.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Bowtie when surrounded by females and in a predicament such as yours I can only think if one answer....

Burn the barn collect the insurance:wink:

Gonna be a hot one in NC tonight!!:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Doc said:
Well if she gets too drunk then just hold the match EARLY the next morning with the lights in the barn turned all the way up...that would be the chivalrous thing to do.
You always seemed like a nice guy...now I really know the truth:tongue:

Go get 'er OBT.

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
centerx said:
Bowtie when surrounded by females and in a predicament such as yours I can only think if one answer....

Burn the barn collect the insurance:wink:

Gonna be a hot one in NC tonight!!:eek: :eek:

lol...now were talking.......:darkbeer: :wink:

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Wish her a Happy birthday

Tell her too bring her best game and do the best that you can. Just hope that her getting on in years has slowed her down a tad for your sake. Give her plenty of:darkbeer: and hope it goes to her head:wink: AC

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
I'd go hunting! :wink:

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
archerycharlie said:
Tell her too bring her best game and do the best that you can. Just hope that her getting on in years has slowed her down a tad for your sake. Give her plenty of:darkbeer: and hope it goes to her head:wink: AC
charlie...great minds think alike...and after i get done whipping her.....ill be looking to put a game on against that youngin of yours:wink:

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cutter10x said:
pull a darrin....shoot lefty(you are a righty..right)..........kelly would think your giving her a chance on her birtday....then you WHOOPher and send her home to lick her wounds......

sorry kelly...

again happy birthday

EXACTLY........shoot lefty and watch her sweat.....

1 - 20 of 48 Posts