Archery Talk Forum banner

What would you do?

660 Views 18 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Gquan1
I damaged my limb bolts and can not find any way of getting new ones.

I live in Poland (Compound Archery 3rd world country). European archery equipment wholesalers are simply too lazy to get those bolts for me – took me five months to figured that out. I know all (3) bow-shops in Poland and all of them say the same thing – wholesalers in Europe will not provide those bolts…

I was advised (archerytalk) to contact LancasterArchery with my problem. So I did! I got in touch with Jim from LancasterArchery (very nice person), he called Hoyt Rep (Bori) and told him about my problem. Jim asked for my credit card number, Bori (Hoyt) was suppose to send the bolts to Jim, Jim was going to charge my credit card for shipping and ship the bolts to Poland. Everything was going smooth until Bori (Hoyt) changed his mind. Bori decided to act like a “pillar of professionalism” and send the bolts directly to my address at NO CHARGE AT ALL !!!
I was thrilled for the next two weeks, than I started filling disappointed (received no parcel from Hoyt)…

After for weeks I sent a fax letter to Hoyt customer service with my story. Miraculously I received an e-mail reply from Alan Leo Poole Jr. (Hoyt & Fuse
International Customer Service):

“Dear Rafal,
I am sorry you have not received these yet. I will place in the mail a set of each of these to you at no charge to you. I am sorry for the delay in these.
Take care…
Alan”

And here I am another four weeks later without new limb bolts for my two Hoyt bows wondering what to do next?

I can afford to pay for new limb bolts as I was able to afford to buy new Hoyt Ultra Elite. However, I have no intention to buy a new bow every time bolt gets smashed or to buy a new car every time oil goes bad. Unfortunately I can not afford to do that.

I will appreciate any advice!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Yippiee ki-yay
3,626 Posts
Perhaps the the problem lies with Customs? You have problems before? I would hope that a simple thing like limb bolts would be shipped no charge as stated. How did you damage limb bolts anyway?

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you got a tracking number it may show they are stuck in customs? I would have thought Hoyt would be able to send a cpl bolts out.
It is not the customs. Alan promised to send the Bolts to the address on the fax letter.
I work for a large manufacturing company, we have our own customs.
Hoyt did not send anything to me…

Thank You!!!

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps the the problem lies with Customs? You have problems before? I would hope that a simple thing like limb bolts would be shipped no charge as stated. How did you damage limb bolts anyway?
Please check my feedback! I had many transactions with US (eBay as well). It takes two weeks at maximum to deliver anything to Poland.
However, if you declare a parcel to be a warranty replacement or under $100 value it gets here approximately in 5 days.
Never had any probles before.

Thank You!

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope I am wrong, but I think Hoyt ignored me and sent nothing to me.
As I said – 3 bow shops in entire country = negligible sales. Hoyt wouldn’t ignore US customers with their domestic sales but who am I to them? Nobody!

· Registered
753 Posts
What?

Exactly do you need and for what year model bow? My son shoots in JOAD tomorrow morning and it is held at a Hoyt dealer (Adams Archery in Milan, MI). If they have 'em, I'll get 'em....PM with details and I'll see what I can do.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exactly do you need and for what year model bow? My son shoots in JOAD tomorrow morning and it is held at a Hoyt dealer (Adams Archery in Milan, MI). If they have 'em, I'll get 'em....PM with details and I'll see what I can do.
I need limb bots for my:
2007 Ultra Elite (silver color)
2005 Ultratec (black color)

Sent You PM!
Thank You!!!!

· Registered
15,692 Posts
You need to lay off the steroids man. That or you are using the wrong size allen head. I have changed the draw weight hundreds of times on our shops demo bow and they still look almost new. Tight is good too tight is broken ;)

· Registered
251 Posts
Bolts

Not sure, but they look like Flat Head Cap screws. If so, you should be able to get them from a local hardware store. Also, if they are flat head cap screws, make sure you get a high grade (automotive grade) if possible. Anyway, let me know how it works out.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You need to lay off the steroids man. That or you are using the wrong size allen head. I have changed the draw weight hundreds of times on our shops demo bow and they still look almost new. Tight is good too tight is broken ;)
The black one was my fault – the bow is 80 pounds. Sometime is difficult to move that bolt.

But the silver one came to me screwed all the way in. That one was sealed from the beginning. So I would rather blame Hoyt for not letting a quarter turn off as they recommend in the manual.

I did not use metric size allen wrench to do that, if that was Your question.

Thank You for Your advise anyway!

· WapitiBob
6,941 Posts
They make this stuff called ...... Grease.

White lithium grease.

A drop between the limb and washer.
A drop between bolt head and aluminum "collar".
A drop on the bolt threads.

I used to work for a bow mfg. Do the above and you can turn a limb bolt on a 120# bow no problem.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You do know you have to loosen the lockdowns before turning the limb bolts I hope.

If so take Bob's advice and try the white lithium greese.
Thank You Nub!

I didn’t forget to loosen the lockdown bolts. Even if I did these would cause some resistance in turning the limb bolts, however I don’t thing it would cause the bolt not moving even a bit.

I have already managed remove the bolt. I didn’t have to put more grease on it, Hoyt put more than enough of it. Once we managed to move the bolt a bit it turns flawlessly…

… but that hexagonally shaped recess where you insert the wrench doesn’t look hexagonal any longer – and that is the problem!

Anyways, one of ATers has offered me his help. He spoke to his Hoyt dealer and since they didn’t have any of those bolts in stock will order them for me on Monday.

Therefore I believe my problem has been solved!

I would like to thank everyone for involvement and showing that You care.

· Registered
61 Posts
I would almost bet the problem with the bolts is from using the wrong wrench.The bolts in that bow are S.A.E. not metric.He would not be able to buy a wrench or replacement bolt very easy outside of the U.S..The rest of the world uses metric fasteners and tooling.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would almost bet the problem with the bolts is from using the wrong wrench.The bolts in that bow are S.A.E. not metric.He would not be able to buy a wrench or replacement bolt very easy outside of the U.S..The rest of the world uses metric fasteners and tooling.
I was using 3/16 size wrench when it happened.
You can buy allen wrenches in bow shops. However, S.A.E. bolts is a deferent case! Impossible to get them. No demand = no supply…

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.