Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you bought a 2 year old bow in great shape from a dealer took it home shot it decieded you didnt like the rest and the dealer worked a trade for a new one. Then you decieded that you didnt like the sights same thing trade... Then you go back with several broke strands under the serving would you expect the dealer to give you a new string and power cable or would you be willing to pay 25.00 for a custom string and power cable..what do you think?? dealer went above and beyond or dealer is trying to rip you off....:confused2:

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I would pay the $25 and thank him for such a great deal. After that I would give him a crap load of business because he did you right.

Got a lot of dealers around here that would just screw you over for the almight $$$$$

Honestly can't even believe you asked such a silly question. :cry:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yep silly question.
Sounds like a good guy.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Based on the information provided....

I think the dealer has been great already. If I were the customer, the dealer would have my business for a long time to come.

Doubtful the dealer would sell the bow KNOWING the string was damaged. It is a used bow. Bow strings do not last forever. They are meant to be replaced. In my mind, if I buy a used product, I know that all expendable items are subject to needing replacement.

Kinda like buying a house and finding out the air conditioner filter needs to be replaced.....replace it and go on.

Just my take from the info given.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
dude, in a scenario exactly like you described?? i would pay that dealer for a new string and for the instalation.

i would then thank him for the time and patience he had while exchanging out the other items on the bow.

if you had the scenario you described, then you have a great dealer who is an asset to archery and should be treated as one.

it was a used bow, and even though most of us dealers do our very best to make sure each and every used bow we sell is in top notch condition, sometimes you cant catch everything.

let me ask you this, had the dealer already installed the new sight,new rest and replaced the string and cables with brand new ones basically going from top to bottom to make sure it was perfect, would you have paid the extra cost that it took to do all that when you purchased the bow??

most customers wont, when they come in looking for a used bow they want as cheap as they can get.

that dealer went way above and beyond and should be thanked.

just my .02

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
shake his hand and give him the $25 bucks and thank him for working with you. He sounds great.

·
Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
4,922 Posts
Thank you got a lot of good answers partner.not many shops would not have taken back the used parts as trade-ins,what you saved there will pay for the string !Besides you bought a used bow,replace the string for peace of mind anyway .

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
you deffinately got the good end of that deal

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
$25 for a new string and power cable?

Wow...that is a heck of a great price.:eek:

·
Registered
893 Posts
What do you expect?

I think you should know the answer to this question!

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Recordkeeper said:
$25 for a new string and power cable?

Wow...that is a heck of a great price.:eek:
Man, I would take advantage of that before he changes his mind. I usually charge $25 for a string. Actually, I would go buy some Winner Choices from him.:)

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
first off there isn't a dealer here that will take a bow in trade. None notta, you buy it and decide you don't like it you have to sell it yourself then get what you like. since they won't take a bow in trade they sure ain't going mess with your rest. tuff again don't like the one ya got ya have to find a buyer for it then buy another. As far as broken strands under the strings I don't think the strings are covered on any warrenty on the bows. So you guessed it have to buy another string. Anyway that's the way it is around here. So I think you got a pretty good dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts