Archery Talk Forum banner

What would you keep?

409 8
I have two bows that need replacement limbs. I want to fix and keep one as a backup, fix and sell the other. I wonder what I should keep and what I should sell.

Choice #1: Bowtech Pro 40

Choice #2: Hoyt Magnatec XT2000

On the Hoyt I will need to get a new cam to shorten the draw lenght ( I have a 28" and it goes to 29")

WWATD?
(What Would Archery Talk Do?)
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
3,222 Posts
there is a pretty good market for 2nd hand Hoyt limbs & cams. Not so much for bowtech. Bowtech limbs have been known to blow up on folks from time to time. what did you do to a Hoyt XT limb to get it to fail?

· Registered
755 Posts
I would keep the Hoyt

BUT
Have you checked into the price of a new cam :eek:

when you start talking about replacing limbs and the cam - you are getting into the price of a new bow (or more) do some price shopping.

· Registered
1,154 Posts
I have two bows that need replacement limbs. I want to fix and keep one as a backup, fix and sell the other. I wonder what I should keep and what I should sell.

Choice #1: Bowtech Pro 40

Choice #2: Hoyt Magnatec XT2000

On the Hoyt I will need to get a new cam to shorten the draw lenght ( I have a 28" and it goes to 29")

WWATD?
(What Would Archery Talk Do?)
had them both if you have the wheely keep it the hoyt weighs too much mine was over 5 pounds

· Registered
6,474 Posts
I once owned a Magnetec and it is a great bow, but it is nowhere near the Pro 40. The pro 40 is a great bow, the Magnetec is good, but it was the bottom of the Hoyt lineup when it was manufactured. Go with the Pro 40 and you won't regret it.

Automan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.