Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to see Hoyt changed their hard-Loc system. What I'd like to experiment with is a free-floating hard-loc type system.

Issues that I've seen with the area that retains the spring loaded pin on an ILF limbs is that because they do not change their angle in relation to the adjustment bolt, this area sees some binding when inserting or extracting a limb. If the hard-loc dowel free-floated so that it could rotate slightly this might be eliminated. The dowl could be adjusted with shims as is the current design. The locking bolts that currently thread into the hard-loc dowel would need to be changed into a button typebolt that would screw into the riser. A shim washer placed between this button and the hard-loc dowel could then be used to adjust for side to side alignment.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Ummm I'm no expert but I believe you are supposed to loosen the dowel before making weight/tiller adjustments. That's what I always did.

·
Genesis 21:20
21,661 Posts
What would I like to see them do?

How 'bout sponsor some international teams?

We need archers with more international experience. If Hoyt, Mathews or PSE would step up and sponsor some teams (esp. recurve teams) for grand prix events, our archers would be much more internationally competitive.

They sponsor plenty of international archers while our own go unfunded. What does that say about us? It's shameful IMO.

John.

·
Registered
20,536 Posts
Mass, et al -

I'd like to see something a little more mondane - like reasonable delivery times and some companies (ahem - Hoyt) show a little more support for their older, but perfectly useable products.

Agree with SBills on loosening the dowel screws for anything but the most minor tiller/weight changes. Heck, mine loosen by themselves :eek:

Viper1 out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts