Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering whats gonna be a faster setup ? a gorilla scout hang on or tree saddle. looking for something lightweight and portable. was thinking i could climb the tree with that scout right on my back. And pick up a few strap on steps instead of sticks, we got alot of pines around here. and i can climb like a monkey. not sure how long it takes to setup a saddle, they look like they are great but it seems like it takes a little bit to get set up

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Treesaddle. For me going slow takes me about 7 min from time I hit the tree to set up. If I bust it, in a hurry I can do it in about 5 but i don't use the linemans belt so its not very safe. Older I got more i releazied 2 min earler in the stand an't worth it. But I can still do it faster that 7 if i try. Plus with the saddle you wear it to the tree carry the sticks. Works well for me.
Thanks
Boswell

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Boswell.......sorry, but there's no way you're doing it in 7 minutes if you're putting up sticks or steps.

Realistically, if you have to set up sticks or steps and then hook up in the Saddle, you're looking at about 15-20 minutes tops......it's really not any quicker than hanging a good, lightweight, portable stand.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
ACK,
Proof is in the thread below. Look at it It shows a full out hunting situation. its less than 10 min, The first stick doesn't hit the tree till a 1:30 in and I have the bow in my hand at min 9. Like I said I was going a little slower so you could see what I was doing in the video.
Thanks
Boswell

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I would say that the saddle with some "Cranford" steps is the way to go, I personaly use the T-Steps, and I have found it to be the best portable setup.
You can confortably scout and walk with it on a back pack, and when find a spot that you like you are good to go.
JMHO

·
fall at last
3,260 Posts
No experience with the gorilla, but with a lw stand, it takes me about the same time as setting up a saddle. Where the ts advantage comes in to play is the convenience of not having to carry a stand in and out.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
ACK,
Proof is in the thread below. Look at it It shows a full out hunting situation. its less than 10 min, The first stick doesn't hit the tree till a 1:30 in and I have the bow in my hand at min 9. Like I said I was going a little slower so you could see what I was doing in the video.
Thanks
Boswell
Guess I stand corrected....sorry. Up here in the north it takes a little longer once you figure in all of your clothing.....setting up as fast as you do, you would be drenched with sweat by the second stick up. I always set everything up then go back down and put on all my layers.....adds a few more minutes I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts