Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to start building my own arrows, i plan on using blazer or fushion vanes. Anyway what is the best fletching jig for the job? Also is there anything else i should know before trying to put together my own arrows?

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
My jo-jan sucks. the clamps don't grab the fletching tight enough so the back is always sticking up.

I'm ordering either the new bohing blazer helical jig or the new arizona jig for the smaller fletchings.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
I have both the Bitz and the Arizona EZ-fletch. I seldom use my Bitz; the Arizona does the job and does it quickly.

Automan

·
Registered
487 Posts
i use a bohning...works great..only around $40..

·
Registered
191 Posts
E-Z Fletch

i use the arizona e-z fletch. simple and works great

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
jig

highly recommend the Bitzenburger

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just started doing my own arrows and I got the bohning tower jig... it is almost fool proof. I'd also recommend a precision bottle like a vista with there metal tips. It gives you the ability to make an extremely small bead of glue.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have the Bitz and Arizona EZ-Fletch. The Bitz is real easy to use but takes longer. The EZ-Fletch is fast and easy to use but you have to pay more attention when applying the glue. I recommend either. I primarily use my Bitz but my AEZ is great.

One advantage that the AEZ has over the Bitz is that it is very easy to replace a single vane. With my Bitz I have to replace all three when I lose one due to not having the TM fletch nock receiver for my Blitz (I did just order one a couple days ago though and we shall see how easy it is then).

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
The Bitz, the best of the best! :shade:

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
Bitzenburger are the best if you can pay the dollars for it. But, for not much money you can get a Bohning jig. It just depends on what you want to spend.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Fletching jig

B-i-t-z-e-n-b-u-r-g-e-r

1 - 20 of 27 Posts