Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they do not need to have some kind of scent control. I just want something to bowhunt with.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Depends on weather

I picked up some Primos strech fit gloves. They have little grippers on the hand part and strech fit so no loose material. You diffenitly want gloves with some sort of grip. My turkey gloves are those cheap cottom gloves and my bow grip slides all around. I have warm weather no insulation now and cold weather with a bit of insulation.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is their any good ones around 20$

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Cabelas.............

Cabelas Pass-Thru Archery gloves.........camo....lightweight with open palms for a release. I always use 'em. $19.99

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I have been using USAF flight gloves for years. The olive drab nomex (sp) material (fire resistant) and thin leather palm and fingers in light grey. The leather is thin enough to not loose feeling on your bow or release and they are warm enough into late October early November.
The gloves are thin enough on your hand to be able to slip in and out of front pants pockets too. Pretty rugged glove to IMO.
I get mine from the local Army/Navy store for around $20 and some change.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Under Armour are only $27-28 at Cabelas:confused:

Lightweight and form fitting, this is the ideal archery glove. Constructed using Under Armour ColdGear™ fabric for enhanced thermal protection and moisture management. Palm is detailed with rubber grip material. Soft fleece nose wipe. Wrist strap string releases easily slip on over the glove for a proper fit and feel. Hunter Orange heat seal logo. Imported.

Attachments

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
i have found that i simpily cant shoot as well with gloves so bought a heavily insulated hand warmer i wear around my waist and keep my hands there until the moment of truth.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
brandon78 said:
is their any good ones around 20$
I use black Winter Golf Gloves, about $20 and made of thin soft leather, they're very comforable, can be worn while shooting a release but don't offer a lot of warmth below 30 deg.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I use the Camoskinz with the micro dot grips on the palms. No prob and fit nice and tight. Cant remember what I paid for them but cabelas carries them.

J-

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,215 Posts
I am using Scent Blocker's archers gloves and your able to use your release with them as the palm has an opening to accept your release!

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
Joe W. said:
Cabelas Pass-Thru Archery gloves.........camo....lightweight with open palms for a release. I always use 'em. $19.99
Mossy Oak Pass-Thru gloves:thumbs_up I like the way they fit and the way the release works with the gloves. I've used them for about 3 years now. I found some on sale at Dick's for $14.99.
I also use the good 'ole brown Jersey utility gloves that are about $6-8 for a pack of 3 pairs. They are good early season gloves that won't bother you so much when you lose one.:wink:

·
Chaser of Whitetails
2,870 Posts
Under Armour release gloves will be on my hands this fall and for the long term future.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Keep it simple and low cost

Early season, I use a plain pair of brown Jersey gloves...no grippers. This helps me keep from torquing my bow.

Winter season, I use a pair of camo fleece gloves...no grippers, and wear a handmuff w/handwarmers in it.

The Jersey gloves less than $3........The fleece gloves are $2.

Used this setup for years w/o any trouble and saved lots of $$$$.

Greg

·
Registered
385 Posts
Walmart had Rocky gloves with the stretch fabric and little grippers for about $10. Fit well and seem like a winner to me.

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
Enduraskin gloves from Bass Pro, same as the Under Armour Release gloves, but with the scent/bacteria destroying technology, $10.

Sean

1 - 17 of 17 Posts