Archery Talk Forum banner

Whats a plunger?

418 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  SilverFlash
Sorry but i forgot to add this to my last post. I saw clickers to...what do these do and how do they work?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
552 Posts
They mount to the riser of a recurve, your arrow is set between them and the riser, on draw they click when you have reach your measured draw length. If you watch videos of the olympic shooters they release their arrows almost immediately after the clicker sounds. I have never shot one and I'm sure it takes some practice but its a nice idea and hey, they use it in the olympics. You'll have to get your arrows setup properly and measured too, I imagine they need to be a specific length.

· Registered
14,726 Posts
Aplunger is a Burger button:rolleyes: and a burger button goes in the riser where you nornally put the set screw for your rest, it a screw with a spring inside of it and that controls a rod that goes out to the arrow and the rod has a plastic cap on it. you move your center shot left or right by screwing it, in or out..Finger shooters use them.

A clicker goes on the front of the riser, when you nock up the wire (clicker) goes on the far side of the arrow, when you draw pass that point,,the wire snaps against the rise,,,making a clicking sound:wink:

· Registered
8,033 Posts
They also come in handy when the toilet is clogged!!:eek::wink:

Aplunger is a Burger button:rolleyes: and a burger button goes in the riser where you nornally put the set screw for your rest, it a screw with a spring inside of it and that controls a rod that goes out to the arrow and the rod has a plastic cap on it. you move your center shot left or right by screwing it, in or out..Finger shooters use them.

A clicker goes on the front of the riser, when you nock up the wire (clicker) goes on the far side of the arrow, when you draw pass that point,,the wire snaps against the rise,,,making a clicking sound:wink:

· Yippiee ki-yay
3,626 Posts

+1 :thumbs_up :cocktail:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.