Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be building a house in the next couple of years and my primary room will be the mancave. I'm thinking it will be at least 1/3rd the entire square footage of the house. I was debating on 20x30 for 600 sq ft but am wondering if that will be big enough:noidea:.

I'm realisticly thinking it will need to be big enough for about 50 shoulder mounts, and a few life size mounts....along with poker table, big couch, small couch, a couple recliners, gun and bow display cases, minimum 70" TV, keg cooler, fridge, and own bathroom. To keep sunlight from harming the mounts I don't think I will have any windows.

How big are your mancaves and what's in them?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
80 X 160 works for most.

·
Registered
57 Posts
2700 sqft, was suppose to be finished with a bar, projection TV etc. But between my weights and my son's wrestling mats and 15yd archery range I can't justify finishing the space. Maybe when the kids move out.

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm guessing you're single or planning to be :dontknow:
Not at all.:) Happily married with 2 lovely girls. I make the money, I provide the meat, I spend the majority of my week with my kids....have the preschooler every day from 10:45 til mom gets home from work during the weekdays.....sssooooo, when it comes to my playtime and money....I DO WHAT I WANT:wink:. It's called wearing the pants where I come from.:) And momma gets spoiled too, she goes on a couple vacations a year without me.:) Works for us.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier to make the whole has the man cave?

Let your wife have the Master bed/bath/closet and tell her to do with it as she wishes.

Assuming you are going to have a couple more bed rooms, bathroom, kitchen, dining, and living area, then 1,200 sq ft isn't a whole lot of room for all that.

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2700 sqft, was suppose to be finished with a bar, projection TV etc. But between my weights and my son's wrestling mats and 15yd archery range I can't justify finishing the space. Maybe when the kids move out.
Are you serious? That's HUGE! Or you poking fun???:noidea:

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wouldn't it be easier to make the whole has the man cave?

Let your wife have the Master bed/bath/closet and tell her to do with it as she wishes.

Assuming you are going to have a couple more bed rooms, bathroom, kitchen, dining, and living area, then 1,200 sq ft isn't a whole lot of room for all that.
Actually we live quite simple....aside from our toys. 1200 sq ft is about right for the 4 of us. Right now our living room and my office have my mounts in them. If I incorporate my office into the cave that's 1 less room we'll need....and the extra room in the 'living room' will really open things up there without the mounts in it.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
24x36 out building. Work in progress. Currently holds my bikes (bicycles), tools, foosball table, bow flex, fridge and storage space. Not currently heated or cooled, but that is next years project.

·
Registered
12,804 Posts
Actually we live quite simple....aside from our toys. 1200 sq ft is about right for the 4 of us. Right now our living room and my office have my mounts in them. If I incorporate my office into the cave that's 1 less room we'll need....and the extra room in the 'living room' will really open things up there without the mounts in it.
doooooooooooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!

so me and the rest of the HBH gang just found a new hang out!!! :wink:

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
doooooooooooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!

so me and the rest of the HBH gang just found a new hang out!!! :wink:
you betcha! Probably about 2 years away....but you're more than welcome to come hang out!:wink: There is one guy not welcome though.:wink: I wanted to have a cave similar to Jed's lodge....but I just don't have that much extra cash sitting around.:)

·
Registered
5,957 Posts

Sorry, I wasn't saying you needed something huge to live in. I just can't imagine a 3 bed/bath/living/kitchen and dining room in a 1200 sq ft house. My first house was a 2 bed/bath/living kitchen in a 1200 sq ft and it was way to small for my wife, son and I.

·
Registered
721 Posts
what is a man cave??? hm...i think my fiance and i's whole house is in your terms "a man cave" My mounts better be goin up on our walls...maybe you should call it a chick cave...or like a deer cave....our whole house is full of mounted animals...and things that i have made out of pheasant feathers and deer antlers....this term "man cave"....seems sexist.....

·
Registered
12,804 Posts
what is a man cave??? hm...i think my fiance and i's whole house is in your terms "a man cave" My mounts better be goin up on our walls...maybe you should call it a chick cave...or like a deer cave....our whole house is full of mounted animals...and things that i have made out of pheasant feathers and deer antlers....this term "man cave"....seems sexist.....
ah, don't play that card, nobody said you couldn't have a chick cave.... :chortle:

"man cave" is referring to a room or large room with all the bacholer stuff for a man...you know us, we need our me room and time. :cheers:

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
My blueprints are finished Kory.......

2000 sq. ft. main floor
900 sq. ft. upstairs(master bedroom w/ master bath)

2000 sq. ft. finished basement w/ 11.5' ceilings.........100% mancave.:darkbeer:

The wife is fine with it.:wink:

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOL that's great BUT, I get my fill of estrogen. I need some "man" time!:wink: My kids mounts will go in their bedrooms. Wife has no interest in hunting, but is supportive.....and she doesn't like when I have guy friends in OUR HOUSE:mad:.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.