Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am thinking to get a new bow this year and I can get realm X and sr6 both for a great price, initially I am all the way for SR6, but the dealer told me 4 of his customers experienced issue of cracked modules after several month of shooting, any thought? Personally I think its unreal but the dealer is very certain about it. Then is it more secure to buy the realm X instead?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update: it seems there is some kind of screw? fall apart from the module, its not a cracked module.
sr6.jpeg

·
A.K.A BuckChef
4,117 Posts
Never heard of cracked mods on any of them before, thats a first for me.
I had already had a RealmX and absolutely loved it, thats why I didn't buy the SR6, although I probable would have liked the SR6 a little better, just wasn't enough to make me change bows. If I had a choice of the 2 I would buy the SR6.

·
Registered
8,586 Posts
update: it seems there is some kind of screw? fall apart from the module, its not a cracked module.
View attachment 7183105

Can't see your pic, but if the issue is a mod screw falling out, that's a maintenance issue and not a BowTech issue. Again, if it is a screw, whoever is setting those mods probably isn't securing them with Loc-Tite Blue 242 as recommended in the owner's manual.

If you have the choice of either one new from a shop, shoot them both and pick which ever you like best... If something should happen to either one, warranty should fix it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't see your pic, but if the issue is a mod screw falling out, that's a maintenance issue and not a BowTech issue. Again, if it is a screw, whoever is setting those mods probably isn't securing them with Loc-Tite Blue 242 as recommended in the owner's manual.

If you have the choice of either one new from a shop, shoot them both and pick which ever you like best... If something should happen to either one, warranty should fix it.
Thanks mate, I also checked another thread about the similar issue where the pin(?) of the mod sheared off, are you suggesting using a glue to treat the screw ( that's a bit over my mind) and it's the process must be done according to the manual, right?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Love my realm x. I have heard that the sr6 looses its speed quick when in lower draw lengths.

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
Actually, try the Realm SS....best draw cycle and back wall of any bow I have ever had, and have had most

·
Registered
8,586 Posts
Thanks mate, I also checked another thread about the similar issue where the pin(?) of the mod sheared off, are you suggesting using a glue to treat the screw ( that's a bit over my mind) and it's the process must be done according to the manual, right?

Again, can't personally see your pic, but in regards to "gluing" the bolts the BowTech manuals do recommend the blue Loc-Tite [it's a very weak glue so the bolts can still be removed but won't back out with normal use] on the threads. Not exactly sure what "pin" may be shearing, perhaps reasking the question in the BowTech specific forum will help.

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
Had RealmX, SR6, Realm and RevoltX. Still have the Realm, just got the RevoltX. SR6 is nice but the reason I sold it is I couldn’t get it as quiet as the Realm. I sold the RealmX cause to me the Realm did everything just as well but in a more compact package. The RevoltX is still new to me but has a better draw and hold for me than my Realm that I’ve had for two years. Nice and quiet and so far better for me than the SR6 and RealmX.

·
Full Time Novice
7,343 Posts
To me the Realm X has a worse draw cycle then the SR6

I’m 28” and shoot 70# or more I also shoot all bowtech in performance mode as well.

The smoothness and speed that is delivered I’m going SR6 alll the way

If I need extra length and ATA revolt X in performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,939 Posts
Had RealmX, SR6, Realm and RevoltX. Still have the Realm, just got the RevoltX. SR6 is nice but the reason I sold it is I couldn’t get it as quiet as the Realm. I sold the RealmX cause to me the Realm did everything just as well but in a more compact package. The RevoltX is still new to me but has a better draw and hold for me than my Realm that I’ve had for two years. Nice and quiet and so far better for me than the SR6 and RealmX.
nice to hear. Waiting on my revoltx

·
Registered
Elite Gt500, Elite Envy, Reign 6
2,042 Posts
Sr6 is what id go with

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I've got a Realm X and SR6, both 60 lb limbs and shoot them both on performance mode. I like them both but IMO the draw on the SR6 is smoother. IF I had to give one up it would be Realm X.

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
View attachment 7183105
This picture is not from a SR6!

Some of the first production run SR6 had three roll pins in the cam shaft, one of those pins in some bows backed out. So the fix was to only use two roll pins. That may have been what the dealer is talking about. Another thing is if the module screws become loose it can rotate and shear off the pin that goes in the cam. This again could have happened if the dealer or user didn't follow the manual and use blue loc tite on the mod screws and draw stops.

As for the two bows mentioned... I owned the RealmX at 60# and shot it on comfort. Then I shot the SR6 and I shoot it at 70# in performance. My RealmX had vibration I could never really shake. My SR6 doesn't have any vibe. I love it even at my 30" draw. Does it have a dump at the end of the draw cycle? YES. Do I care and does it bother me NO! Some will say I'm crazy, OK????

As always go and shoot the bows for yourself only you can judge that.

No matter what you choose good luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts