Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright! No mud slingin here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One another post a guy stated that a Swithback (XT or original SB) was faster than a Tribute with the smooth mods.
Is this a big deal? NO! But I got to wondering, so...
What do you guys think. SAme set up, arrow weight,... Which one is faster? My thoughts were the Tribute.

·
Banned
2,877 Posts
tribute by around 8-12 fps. i would guess, because the speed mods are around 18-20 fps faster..the smooth mods generally are 8-10 fps. slower on the bowtechs...

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's about what I thought. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,005 Posts
I'm thinking the difference isn't enough to worry about. I love the Tribute with the Smooth Mods!

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I have an XT, I think it's fast, but from what I've read the Bowtech's have the speed advantage.

·
Registered
578 Posts
bow

The speeds listed were shot through a M35 Oehler 15 times - avg taken- the Weight was measured with a Coffey Force Gauge- 30" true draw length

Jon

·
Registered
811 Posts
BDOG6351 said:
The speeds listed were shot through a M35 Oehler 15 times - avg taken- the Weight was measured with a Coffey Force Gauge- 30" true draw length

Jon
Were the strings set up the same, also were they the same arrows? Just curious as I am suprised they are that different.
Oh, and I don't have a dog in the fight, I shoot a Hoyt.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BDOG6351 said:

Jon
Thanks for these posts. Sounds like your test was pretty good. Was it with bare string Matthews and the BowTech with the Hush kit?

·
Registered
578 Posts
bow

the test will be up next wk -21 bows. Both the bows were received direct from the Factory- I believe the hush kit was installed and the mathews XT was bare. Again many bows, my memory is fading at this moment

·
Registered
578 Posts
bow

vabowhntr- the strings on each bow were what is currently provided from the factory - no modifications to the setups other than DL and DW. The arrows were GoldTip Pro X Cutters -350 grain (all were measured-weight- and shot in sequence). and by the way Hoyt was on it.

·
Broke and Happy
5,001 Posts
Tribute by a few fps......
by a lot in k-energy.....

bow are plenty fast though!

·
NC ASA Director
35,989 Posts
My XT shoots a 330 grain arrow, 65#'s, 30 1/4" draw AMO, not true, at 311 fps, nothing on string. Right out of the box.

That's 5 grains over IBO for 65 lbs.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BDOG6351 said:
the test will be up next wk -21 bows. Both the bows were received direct from the Factory- I believe the hush kit was installed and the mathews XT was bare. Again many bows, my memory is fading at this moment
There will be a test on here??? That would be awesome.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sagecreek said:
My XT shoots a 330 grain arrow, 65#'s, 30 1/4" draw AMO, not true, at 311 fps, nothing on string. Right out of the box.

That's 5 grains over IBO for 65 lbs.
Hows the new CIII shooting that you bought from NIck. That bow put the whoppin on me many times.:cry:

·
NC ASA Director
35,989 Posts
Bo Bob said:
Hows the new CIII shooting that you bought from NIck. That bow put the whoppin on me many times.:cry:
:mg:

I am very very very happy with this setup at the moment. :shade:

Unfortunately, hunting season has opened and various other commitments have kept me from delivering some pain to the local yocals with that bad boy. :thumb:

I'm dying to shoot a round with it.

It shoots and holds like a dream.

I was having a tad bit of arm slap with it at first, :confused: , but I changed cable slides and put on a wrist strap and it is archery nirvana now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sagecreek said:
:mg:

I am very very very happy with this setup at the moment. :shade:

Unfortunately, hunting season has opened and various other commitments have kept me from delivering some pain to the local yocals with that bad boy. :thumb:

I'm dying to shoot a round with it.

It shoots and holds like a dream.

I was having a tad bit of arm slap with it at first, :confused: , but I changed cable slides and put on a wrist strap and it is archery nirvana now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have fun with it man and good luck with the hunting! I know Nick wants to get down and shoot a round with you next year. Something about letting you beat him with his old bow.:embara:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts