Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have been shooting the Protec with XT2000 limbs and the Spiral cam. It is an awesome 3-D bow! Great speed, 285fps w385 grain x-cutters @ 69lbs! Super straight shooter.

·
74,535 Posts
Protec 3000 spiral cam

That would be my choice for a hoyt.

Short draw guys would ultratec 2000 spiral cam

G

·
Like DB said.......

I'm shooting the ProTec with the 75% Cam 1/2 and 2000 Limbs.
I'm only shooting 57 lb at 29 1/2" with a 295 gr XE 200 and getting 288 fps. At 30" and 59 lb I was getting 296 fps.

For a shorter draw length the UltraTec with Spiral Cam might be the way to go but if you can get around 280 fps with the ProTec that would be my number one choice. It's actually my number one choice over any bow that I have ever owned. So Smooth and So Quite. :)

My only complaints about Hoyt is the lax of Quality Control. I had to run a tap in every hole on it that required a screw. My other complaint would be that they sent the bow with all the Screws/Bolts in a package and you have to finish putting it together. The Bolts for the Limb Cup locks and the cable guard were in a package. I hate to pay almost $700.00 for something and have to finish assembling it. The Strings leave a lot to be desired also but other than that, I really love the bow.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I am shooting a Protec XT2000 Spiral cam & 1/2 28" 59# 283fps
I am shooting 3-28 ACC's and they are about 20grns. heavy (above 5 grns. per #) I could get more speed out of it if I wanted but I am shooting mostly field and the bow is grouping great and I don't want to change anything! It's a do all bow. I just got a Black Ultratec with Cam & 1/2 and XT3000 limbs I haven't had time to set it up yet and still need to put a W.C. String on it. Eventually I am going to have to make a choice about which bow I am going to shoot for which venue. I think once I get the UT set up I will shoot it on a field round, if my score is better than what I have been shooting with the Protec then that will be my field bow if not it will be my 3-D bow. Either way I don't think I can go wrong.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I shoot a 2002 pro-tec with cammand+ @ 70# with a 30" draw and 3000 limbs, for everything. I shoot fingers and it is by far the smoothes and most forgiving bow I have ever shot, pinpoint accurate. However if I shot a release or a short draw I most likely would have gone for the ultra. They are both very good bows. Save a headache and toss the factory strings though. :cool:

·
Registered
545 Posts
I am shooting a UltraTec XT2000 27.5" spiral cam. I love it!!! Very forgiving, and plenty fast. At 63# with a 336 grain 3-39 a/c/c I'm getting 286fps. This is my primary 3-D rig. Thinking of getting the same rig in camo for hunting.:D

·
Registered
154 Posts
The most fantastic most exellent 3D bow ever made by Hoyt is (DRUM ROLL PLEASE) the one that fits you the best. What works for other shooters won,t always work you. Buying a bow for most of us is a large purchase. Before buying shoot as many different bows as you can. Including other brands.I hunt a 00 Hyper tec XtT2000 mastercams. For 3D I shoot a 02 ultratec XT2000 Versa cam. Marked yardage I shoot a 01 ultratec XT2000 with Command cams. These are what work for me. Don,t make your purchase based on the my buddy shot a perfect score so thats the bow I need or on media hype. Put it in your hand , shoot it , make your own decision. Hope that makes some sence.Peace out!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts