Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about selling my bow. I have no idea what it's worth. Can anyone help me out?

It's a Bear Cruzer G2 equipped with six Trophy Ridge accessories - a 4-pin sight, a Whisker Biscuit, a 5-arrow quiver, a stabilizer and sling, a peep sight and a nock loop. Also includes a TruFire Smoke release. I believe it's 3 years old and is in perfect condition.

Also wondering what it's costing these days to ship a bow and which carrier you prefer.

TIA!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Maybe try searching the classifieds and ebay to see what others are bringing. Thats normally what I do when I list something. As for shipping its best to check around with the major carriers. But plan on $50+ with insurance. The last few I sold went on facebook market place and were local F2F cash deals. Way less hassle.

·
Registered
27,913 Posts
Maybe try searching the classifieds and ebay to see what others are bringing. Thats normally what I do when I list something. As for shipping its best to check around with the major carriers. But plan on $50+ with insurance. The last few I sold went on facebook market place and were local F2F cash deals. Way less hassle.
Agree.....^^^ Checking the AT classifieds offers a perspective on any used bow and hopefully ones that are the age and qualitty level of the one you hope to sell. It always distills down to what a buyer is willing to shell out of their wallet. Often times a seller is hoping for significantly more because they paid significantly more.....however bows depreciate very rapidly. When bow makers change models, there are typically brand new bows that now carry the label "discontinued" and drop rapidly from MSRP. Those discounted new in box models are competing with the used bow you are trying to sell.....as well as used accessories.

It might be prudent to look for someone who is thinking of trying archery or hoping to upgrade from entry level gear. If what you have is at least mid-tier in quality, it might be a good fit as long as the draw weight and length are right for a potential buyer.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Unfortunetly it won't bring near what it should. On AT you'd maybe get $2-250 shipped. I would try and sell locally, at least then you don't have to eat shipping. Personally, if it were me I'd keep it for a back up bow.
I agree with this ^^^.

If you are looking to upgrade, it's probably worth more as a back up than what you would sell it for. Remember, you are one "oops" away from needing a back up bow. The number of people who call me a week before deer season needing strings because "I was practicing with my broadheads and nicked my string/cables" would blow your mind!!!

I sell those bows pretty often for $450 new, I'd expect them to sell for $200 or so on the used market with good strings....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Neither.

Questioning my motives.

Commenting on my post count. Never could understand people who are hung up on post count. Like it's some great achievement.

It was a simple, straightforward question. No ulterior motives.

·
NOOBY
1,779 Posts
Around my parts your going to get $200 for that set up. Just what they bring in the used market.

I will agree with a fakebook group in your area. They are a pain to work with but if you use a group it works better. I am in a group called Bowhunters of SD and they buy, sell and trade on there all the time.

Good luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Neither.

Questioning my motives.

Commenting on my post count. Never could understand people who are hung up on post count. Like it's some great achievement.

It was a simple, straightforward question. No ulterior motives.
Agree, I haven't been on very long and I legit do a lot more reading than commenting. There's so many people on AT good advice is never more than a few comments down from the original post. Nothing wrong with low post count and long, active membership.

Post count = participation trophy's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts