Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not an avid bow hunter and am trying to sell my recurve. The problem is it was a gift and I don't know how much its worth. Its a Bear Kodiak Special, 64" 53#. Serial number is xp409. I don't know what year it was made or how to go about finding out. I've attached some pictures of all the different writing on the bow. It's used but not abused. Anybody have any info out there?

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Take a look on ebay. You may not be able to find exactly the same thing, but if you do a search for "bear recurve" you can get an idea. Or you could send it to me for $5.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I would need to see a better picture of the riser, but it's either a 1956 or 1957. To correct the above, all the leather grips were gone by 1960 on the production bows. 64" is the AMO length. The numbers don't tell too much beyond specs on this earlier stuff. As for worth, it's worth what someone will pay! I recently sold a dead mint 1956 for $250.00. After looking again, I believe it's a 1957 since the glass is brown. CKruse

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I'm in the market for a 50# to 55# bear recurve. if its shootable i will pay up to $150. that seems to be the going price on ebay for Bear Kodiak Hunters that are in good shape. I don't a thing about kodia specials; but i'm interested if its for sale.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
57-58?

I would need to see a better picture of the riser, but it's either a 1956 or 1957. To correct the above, all the leather grips were gone by 1960 on the production bows. 64" is the AMO length. The numbers don't tell too much beyond specs on this earlier stuff. As for worth, it's worth what someone will pay! I recently sold a dead mint 1956 for $250.00. After looking again, I believe it's a 1957 since the glass is brown. CKruse
Were the 1958s a different color limbs?or could it be a 58?

·
Registered
272 Posts
guys the price thats bows are goin for theses days are what ever some one wants to spend on a bow. like the other person asked if u could tell the year of the bow from the glass but realy u cant as they used what ever color glass they had on hand to make these bows.. just like the coins they used what ever color they had and yes they did many times put the worng color coin into these bows just like the glass color u cant tell the year from what color glass they used. I have seen many bear bows that are from what ever year with the wrong glass color and wrong coin in them... So u need to find some one who knows about bear bows.... I know just u cant tell the from the color of the glass or coin...............

Cody

1 - 10 of 10 Posts