Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to switch it up this year and go with a full capture rest. Is the whisker biscuit still the best option?

I use a quad hdx now but I don't really like how the arrow moves around so much.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
I like elk!
18,491 Posts
You’re currently using a full capture rest...one that is head and shoulders above the biscuit, too, imo.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought it was the best of the best lol!

OP- what do you mean the arrow moves around to much when using your QAD?
It slaps all around inside the rest and if you are walking it's even worst.

Yeah it's fine for just sitting in a tree but Im more mobile and like walking with a arrow at the ready!

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
Thought it was the best of the best lol!

OP- what do you mean the arrow moves around to much when using your QAD?
EXACTLY!! Most reliable, simplest and bomb proof full capture hunting rest available.. STILL...after 20 years
I've NEVER once heard "my biscuit malfunctioned"

Sent from my SM-G532M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I jumped on the WB bandwagon years ago.

Bought an anodized alum camo Carolina Archery frame for each bow. Holds modern biscuits.

·
I like elk!
18,491 Posts

Yeah it's fine for just sitting in a tree but Im more mobile and like walking with a arrow at the ready!

I don’t know man...I hunt elk every September in Colorado’s high county, and never even noticed an issue with arrow movement.

I think your arrow will move around quite a bit, with the WB too.

·
Registered
51,121 Posts

SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY! Never a good idea to just walk around with a broadhead tipped arrow nocked! Crap happens, trip, fall with a brroadhead tipped arrow IMHO is like walking around with a loaded gun, finger on the trigger and the safety OFF.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts

I wrap my index around the arrow. There’s not a tighter full capture than your finger...

·
Registered
136 Posts
One of the most EPIC debates on AT right now,, and it still didnt make the debate list. WB has no moving parts to fail,, might slow down arrow speed a little but very negligible and accuracy is spot on. At the end of the day its a personal choice, so choose wisely my friend ,,, WB.

·
team whacknstack
3,222 Posts
QAD unless you’re hanging upside down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts