Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many use a headlamp for going in and out of the woods? Which one do you use? Do you like it or wish you had something else?

·
Reverend
6,940 Posts
Jersey Jeff said:
How many use a headlamp for going in and out of the woods? Which one do you use? Do you like it or wish you had something else?
I've used 2 by Streamlight for the last 3 seasons. Excellent. This year I bought one that has 3 LCDs and a Xenon bulb. I can pick which light I want by simply pressing a button. The visiblity on these is over 2 miles, and the green light doesn't alarm game as much (so I'm told). But the best part... hands free operation... so I can shoot those critters at night. :wink:
...Just kidding.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have the same headlamp as Reverend and I give it a thumbs up! I also use the green light and it casts plenty of light to walk by. It also doesn't kill your night vision as bad as a regular light. If I remember it cost about $30 at Bass Pro.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Petzel

·
Bowhunter
5,201 Posts
Eveready from Walmart about $13. I use the red setting. It also has a 1-beam white or 3-beam white.

·
Registered
18,883 Posts
I don't know what brand it is, but I have one that has three different lights: a white low beam and high beam so to speak, and a red, which is good because red light won't shut down your night vision. BUT.... the darn thing operates with a push button on the end of the housing, bad idea! It gets pushed on in your pack by other stuff, and there you are with dead batteries and a long walk out. No push buttons for me, thanks! :thumbs_do

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I have never favored the use of a headlamp when just accessing a stand. Instead I prefer just a small Streamlight Stylus (Green). However, a headlamp is great for tracking and field dressing animals.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info guys. I still am not sure which one to go with but I atleast have some ideas to kick around.

·
Registered
372 Posts
i use one from bass pro shops that works great. i dont think its too expensive either

·
Registered
899 Posts
I use one. Don't know the name of it but got it at Home Depot. Works fine.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I use a cheap one from Rayovac I think. It uses the same bulbs as the mini mag lights. Works great and is really inexpensive.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Cornfed said:
I have never favored the use of a headlamp when just accessing a stand. Instead I prefer just a small Streamlight Stylus (Green). However, a headlamp is great for tracking and field dressing animals.
I use this but i attach it to my hat so it projects its beam in front of me.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Mine's a Petzl. Not sure what model but it works really well. Takes a huge battery that's carried in a container on the back of the headband.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Ohio Bow said:
I like cats eyes on my cap.

Picked mine up at Wal-Mart for $10. No problems with it and casts enough light to see but not too bright, more like a nice glow from a full moon on a cloudless night.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts