Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have some dealer's on here so would like their take on what is a reasonable time 4 them to order and receive a new cam 4 a Mathew's DXT , i can't imagine this should take to long but i am not a dealer and want some opinion's b4 i loose my cool about this issue!THANKS

·
Registered
50,389 Posts
Average a week for our shop but it's a COD item and the cost of shipping he may be waiting to piggy it back on another order to save on shipping. Also depends on how far away you are from Mathews.:wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If that is the case should have he atleast told me that was what he was doing , or am i just being 2 unreasonable?

·
Registered
50,389 Posts
What do you consider unreasonable?????? You never did give a time frame your talking about here. If it's been more than 2 weeks then I would bring it up to him. If it has been less then I don't see your problem. But at least take it up with him before you laundry on the net.:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you consider unreasonable?????? You never did give a time frame your talking about here. If it's been more than 2 weeks then I would bring it up to him. If it has been less then I don't see your problem. But at least take it up with him before you laundry on the net.:)
well 1st i think more than one week is. second it's been 10 business day's . and if i had known this going in i would have gladly paid the $25 or $30 to just next day air the thing , but when you r a "dealer" and u act like no problem then i assume, the whole idea of asking u was 2 not over-react but i guess i did some laundry or something , i do thank u 4 ur response though

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Dealer Show

Remember that if today was the 10th day that would put the order on 12-4-09 when just about everyone at mathews was at the resort setting up for the dealer show. The customer service folks had their hands full, if the dealer ordered it on Friday. If he ordered it at the show the order went in late last week as the Reps were at the show. Pick up the phone and call the dealer he can now track his orders on the inter-net.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Dealers service is horrible, unless you are buying a bow at that particular moment.

That's right I said it.

They could care less about what cam you need or when you need it.
I cringe every time I have to deal with my local "dealer". They are one step above used car salesmen in my book.:pukey:

Work on your own bows and buy online. That will bury the poor dealerships and the good ones that actually care will rise to the top.

·
Registered
50,389 Posts
well 1st i think more than one week is. second it's been 10 business day's . and if i had known this going in i would have gladly paid the $25 or $30 to just next day air the thing , but when you r a "dealer" and u act like no problem then i assume, the whole idea of asking u was 2 not over-react but i guess i did some laundry or something , i do thank u 4 ur response though
Once the order is set with a company the dealer is at their mercy just like you. But having dealt with Mathews for many years they are top notch in CS. To me if it has been only 10 days I don't consider that unreasonable, again it depends on how far you are away from the company and how often they get delivery.:wink:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Dealers service is horrible, unless you are buying a bow at that particular moment.

That's right I said it.

They could care less about what cam you need or when you need it.
I cringe every time I have to deal with my local "dealer". They are one step above used car salesmen in my book.:pukey:

Work on your own bows and buy online. That will bury the poor dealerships and the good ones that actually care will rise to the top.
But see there's a problem with this! Your slamming of dealers in general is enough for anybody to run to hills. And especially the last statement of work on your own stuff and buy online. Sorry you have had a rough time with YOUR dealer and maybe you need to look another place. There are plenty of us hard working, do whatever we can to make sure the customer is happy dealers!!! We work very hard to have a good customer base and returning customers and do not need statements like this!!!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Dealers??/

But see there's a problem with this! Your slamming of dealers in general is enough for anybody to run to hills. And especially the last statement of work on your own stuff and buy online. Sorry you have had a rough time with YOUR dealer and maybe you need to look another place. There are plenty of us hard working, do whatever we can to make sure the customer is happy dealers!!! We work very hard to have a good customer base and returning customers and do not need statements like this!!!
Most dealers are like most people I know, some what sporadic at best, they will be Johny on the spot most days and then "oops" I forgot to order that for you!!!! Which can lead to the kind of feelings that prompted this post. some times dealers go through financial issues and cant just order parts,with out paying an entire bill by that particular company, which intern creates these prob's to customers down the line. I guess if your dealer is giving you problems with services like this one , the choice remains yours, show them you mean business, but make sure that you are understanding enough to here what they have to say, if this drags on any further.:wink:

·
Registered
50,389 Posts
LOL this guy has no patience what's so ever. 10 days is not an unreasonable time frame to wait for a specific order. He wants to blame someone for something that he has no control over. The order was sent in in a timely manner(from what I have read). If he wanted it quicker then that was HIS fault and he could have payed to have it that way. But to bash a dealer for doing exactly what he wanted-------come on.:zip:

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Did you read his statement, "That will bury the poor dealerships and the good ones that actually care will rise to the top."?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah I sure did read that part....at the very bottom....Most people on here will read the everything else and not see that. And its exactly the reason why I responded the way I did!!! Did you read that part that said buy online and work on your own bows.....how the hell is a dealer to survive if everybody did that!

You know what, this is exactly the reason I don't even respond anymore. You got a handful of us that actually try to help and state the obvious. Then there is the majority......a bunch a whining cry babies that ***** moan and groan about every single thing. This bow won't tune, it must be a POS bow.....my dealer sucks.....so and so called me a name......my bows better than yours ever thought about being.

Yes, sometimes dealers get sidetracked, we've all done it, but we make it right! If you have a dealer in front of you that says they've never made a mistake then they are a liar!

·
Unregistered User
1,738 Posts
LOL this guy has no patience what's so ever. 10 days is not an unreasonable time frame to wait for a specific order. He wants to blame someone for something that he has no control over. The order was sent in in a timely manner(from what I have read). If he wanted it quicker then that was HIS fault and he could have payed to have it that way. But to bash a dealer for doing exactly what he wanted-------come on.:zip:
Definately. What's bad is we won't hear that this guy got his cam the day after his last post and everything went as it should have. All someone will see when searching this thread is how bad the dealers are.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Busiest time of the year for shipping companies, be patient. Have a :darkbeer:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Definately. What's bad is we won't hear that this guy got his cam the day after his last post and everything went as it should have. All someone will see when searching this thread is how bad the dealers are.
U r dead on i have no patience , that is why i ask the very question , i am very new to the archery industry and i am still learning how the dealer 2 customer relationship works , i understand that it is an item that he will probably make $5 on so after reading many of these reply's i think i understand his side a little better thank u P.S. still waiting i will let u know when it comes in

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still Waiting

Hey Justin17 i'm still waiting , care to give ur take now ? that's what i thought

·
Unregistered User
1,738 Posts
Hey Justin17 i'm still waiting , care to give ur take now ? that's what i thought
That's what you thought?

My post was simply saying that too often we only ever hear about the bad experiences with pro shops, nothing more.

But since you asked for my take I'll give it to you. You should've asked when the new cam would be in to begin with, but you didn't. You could've asked to pay extra to ship the cam faster, but you didn't. These things are your fault. I assume you have all the patience in the world because if you cared about time you would've asked about it.

Dale already said that dealers wait to order small items so that they can package them with a bow so everyone saves on shipping. We do this at my pro shop, and I'm sure that's what has happened to you. The difference is my pro shop will let you know what the situation is and will still get you your part within 2 weeks even if it means us paying a little more.

I know this might be hard for you to grasp, but your dealer isn't following your posts, so the complaining you do on Archery Talk will not get the cam in your hands any faster. Call your dealer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's what you thought?

My post was simply saying that too often we only ever hear about the bad experiences with pro shops, nothing more.

But since you asked for my take I'll give it to you. You should've asked when the new cam would be in to begin with, but you didn't. You could've asked to pay extra to ship the cam faster, but you didn't. These things are your fault. I assume you have all the patience in the world because if you cared about time you would've asked about it.

Dale already said that dealers wait to order small items so that they can package them with a bow so everyone saves on shipping. We do this at my pro shop, and I'm sure that's what has happened to you. The difference is my pro shop will let you know what the situation is and will still get you your part within 2 weeks even if it means us paying a little more.

I know this might be hard for you to grasp, but your dealer isn't following your posts, so the complaining you do on Archery Talk will not get the cam in your hands any faster. Call your dealer.
Wow , i wish u where my dealer u just described what i expect from a good dealer , he also took my phone # and said he would call me when it was done , i'm going 2 his shop 2morrow 2 either pay the man 4 the part's and labor he has done or more than likely pick up my bow and try and find someone who can ! DO u think if i go in there 2morrow and tell him 2 just 4get it that i just want a brand new bow that i will have 2 wait a month+ 4 it ! lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts