Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to archerytalk but I was just wondering whats everyone's favorite archery shop in Australia?

I have been to Abbey Archery in NSW and have bought off from Urban, Sioux & Archery Supplies. Can anyone else give me any more archery shops to try?

Cheers everyone!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from the west coast. I have only dealt with three so far. Hoddywell are great for mail order. Ozhunting made me a superb fastflight string. Molinjor are good but that is because they are local here and not part timers, a little disorganised but good if I need something that day.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Pats , Archery academy Archery Mart. I cant recommend Abbey ordered some thing off them sent wrong item 2 weeks latter still no item . Order 7 days ago from Alternative UK here in 6 days & I live 300 miles from Abbey go figure

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pats , Archery academy Archery Mart. I cant recommend Abbey ordered some thing off them sent wrong item 2 weeks latter still no item . Order 7 days ago from Alternative UK here in 6 days & I live 300 miles from Abbey go figure
Pat is an established archer & has been recommended to me by my coach. I just have not found a reason to order from them yet but he did answer my emails very quickly regarding a future riser purchase, hence he will get the sale when I'm ready. :)

http://www.pats-archery.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_37_40&product_id=396

·
Registered
438 Posts
I like Archery Supplies, Abbey archery are rediculously over priced and there service is bad, a couple of guys from my club have had strings made for them from abbey and they have been to long or to short, I had only dealt with Archery supplies and have nothing had to say about them.

·
Registered
618 Posts
have bought from pats, archeryshop, abbey, urban archery etc, no problems with any of them except for ozhuntingandbows ... paid $30 for express shipping, they sent it with normal shipping and a price tag that said they paid <$10. Not too happy with that.

·
Registered
161 Posts
have bought from pats, archeryshop, abbey, urban archery etc, no problems with any of them except for ozhuntingandbows ... paid $30 for express shipping, they sent it with normal shipping and a price tag that said they paid <$10. Not too happy with that.
I must be the counterpoint to your experience with ozhunting then as the string was delivered 4 days ago and I still have not been charged for it. LOL. I guess I just lucked out. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like Archery Supplies, Abbey archery are rediculously over priced and there service is bad, a couple of guys from my club have had strings made for them from abbey and they have been to long or to short, I had only dealt with Archery supplies and have nothing had to say about them.
Not a criticism but if you are in a club why did you not get a club member to make your strings & support them financially? I am yet to join a local club yet they have offered up three members to make strings for me, I did not want to take advantage of that before paying my dues.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If I'm buying stuff from a physical store I'll go to urban archery. The guys there are helpful and they carry a good range of stuff for a small sized shop! If ordering online I'll usually go alt services in the UK. They have a big range and good prices. I've also used lancaster archery for mail order and they were good as well although their shipping options are expensive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If I'm buying stuff from a physical store I'll go to urban archery. The guys there are helpful and they carry a good range of stuff for a small sized shop! If ordering online I'll usually go alt services in the UK. They have a big range and good prices. I've also used lancaster archery for mail order and they were good as well although their shipping options are expensive.
What shops are there in the UK? I though Lancaster was in the US.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.